Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

6 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

That's a brilliant monster movie death and completely in keeping with the noticeably darker tone of that sequel. Jurassic World on the other hand looks like a standard Disney Land promo, it's visually and tonally generic. 

I think that's the point, but I agree the cinematography in JW doesn't do that much for me.

2 hours ago, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

It didn't make sense, but it didn't have to. Spielberg just thought it would be a cool idea to casually walk into the bridge and reveal that a severed hand was gripping the wheel.

2 hours ago, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

Perhaps, but there's nothing to indicate that in the movie. I don't think you're supposed to care.

Please don't try to defend TLW.  There are certain leaps of logic that we're all willing to take in a dinosaur movie, but that sequence, along with a dozen others, is too much.  It's not only that it doesn't make sense, it's just dumb.

58 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Jurassic Park is far from Spielberg's most interesting looking film though.

No, but I do like the warm earth tones Cundey captured. Its visuals are a great deal more engaging than Hook's, at least.

7874_5_large.jpg

4 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

That particular photo seems color-corrected as hell though.

It's from the 2013 BD release, which according to SS is truer to the original prints than any subsequent releases.

I had the impression that it was supposed to take place at dusk based on the color and shadows, but if I recall correctly, when they get outside and jump in the jeep with Hammond, it's completely bright.

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Jurassic Park is far from Spielberg's most interesting looking film though.

I would say that is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Though E.T., Jaws, and CETK all are great.

On 6/26/2016 at 9:20 AM, nightscape94 said:

Please don't try to defend TLW.  There are certain leaps of logic that we're all willing to take in a dinosaur movie, but that sequence, along with a dozen others, is too much.  It's not only that it doesn't make sense, it's just dumb.

You lookin' for a problem?