THE X-FILES

Jay

If anyone caught that great Gillian Anderson interview from Nerdist.com from last week, it seems to have suddenly stirred the pot.

This would be a dream come true if this came back on the air for a short order of like 10-12 episodes. Then go from there.

The entire interview is basically small talk and X-Files. I believe she just mentioned it briefly when she was talking her heavy travel load. Terrific interview though. I used to dislike Hardwick for some reason, but seems like a cool dude.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm jazzed about all of this X-Files news. Although I was hoping for more than just 6 episodes. 10 would have been great.

Yep, though 10 wouldn't have been the best we could've hoped for, 6 just feels like a waste.

Sure they can cram everything we like to see in those 6 episodes but man, it'll be over before it even begins.

Unless it's a subtle lead-in to more fleshed out X-Files 2.0 sort of reboot.

24: Live Another Day was just a straight continuation, and not any sort of reboot, so I don't see why X-Files wouldn't be either. It's not like Duchovny and Anderson are too old to be leads on a show like this or anything.

You used that term in your last post

Yes of course, deliberately. I was just like why would anyone NOT think this is a reboot. Reboots are about the only things getting the green light anymore.

Hell, they're going to do reboots of reboots now (Spidey).

Boy, that's something I wish they would have kept under their hat until the show aired! If I remember correctly, in the last episode of the X-Files, he was hiding in a cave somewhere dying of cancer and then BLOWN UP BY A MISSILE.

Looking forward to this. Admittedly a combination of the BBC shifting the last few seasons to a 'graveyard' timeslot and Duchovny bowing out meant that I never actually saw all of the original run, but I've heard that I didn't miss much.

Boy, that's something I wish they would have kept under their hat until the show aired!  If I remember correctly, in the last episode of the X-Files, he was hiding in a cave somewhere dying of cancer and then BLOWN UP BY A MISSILE.

Yeah, I don't believe this spoiler coming outta you, either.