THE X-FILES

Jay

Looking forward to this. Admittedly a combination of the BBC shifting the last few seasons to a 'graveyard' timeslot and Duchovny bowing out meant that I never actually saw all of the original run, but I've heard that I didn't miss much.

The 8th season is worth a viewing. It's quite good actually. The 9th is worthless.

I watched the show from when I discovered it during its first season all the way though season 8. I gave up after that ended and only returned for the finale.

Boy, that's something I wish they would have kept under their hat until the show aired! If I remember correctly, in the last episode of the X-Files, he was hiding in a cave somewhere dying of cancer and then BLOWN UP BY A MISSILE.

Yeah, I don't believe this spoiler coming outta you, either.

And then the missile turns into Scully's baby, and then Scully's baby eats a Bigfoot!

Ok, finally something to get excited about in 2015! About damn time. I wouldn't mind giving the show a proper closure, not the irritating season 9 finale.

• 1 month later...

The New X-Files will be doing a sequel to one of televisions greatest most frightening episodes of all time. Home Again will air in January.

Woohoo.

Wonderful Wonderful.

She's still a damn hottie.

Gillian was on fire in I Want to Believe. That lush long hair... I couldn't stop looking at her in that movie.

The shorter style with the curls doesn't look as good. But she's aged very well.

I like her new hairdo.

She became a bit matronly in the last season of The X-Files. Not looks wise, just in persona. That was thankfully absent in Movie 2.

A bit like how Charisma Carpenter became a bit mumsy in the third season of Angel. Not sure how to explain it.

"There is a cast photo shoot scheduled for the Mulder House set. Does that mean that Fox Mulder has moved out of apartment #42 and into a house?"

Guess they haven't seen the second movie since he'd already moved out of that apartment.

The New X-Files will be doing a sequel to one of televisions greatest most frightening episodes of all time. Home Again will air in January.

Woohoo.

Wonderful Wonderful.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

"And sorry, internet, but you’re wrong: The second episode, entitled “Home Again,” won’t be a sequel to the infamously queasy horror opus “Home,” a lunatic love story about deformed, inbred children and the limbless mother they keep under their bed."

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/25/this-weeks-cover-x-files-returns

Terrific news that that isn't a sequel to "Home". Wasn't one of the best episodes anyway, and it certainly doesn't need a sequel.