THE X-FILES

Jay

You'd need to find an exception like Babylon 5 to find a show where one guy had complete control over all the plots and scripts across various seasons. And we all know how fondly that one is still followed twenty years later. 

Riiiiiight. 

Yet DS9 was not tightly controlled by only one person. So maybe it doesn't matter how close a show is run by a singular vision. It takes something else. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weird change of opinion from Anderson who's been gungho about the show of late.  It ended on a cliffhanger, so I hope at the very least they come back and do one more season to finish it off.

We're also introduced to her first, as if she's Alice going down the rabbit hole and meeting Mulder the Mad Hatter.

Interestingly, the young readers' novelisation of the Pilot (retitled 'X Marks the Spot') is written from Scully's point of view.

Just now, Stefancos said:

It's a very common dramatic device anyway. Scully is "our" way into the world of alien abductions and strange creatures.

And alien babies.

• 1 month later...

For all you X-Files fans, Gillian Anderson just said on radio 2 that more shows are coming. Steve Wright seemed to think that was a scoop when she said it. 

• 1 month later...

I hope that if they do it will be a bit better. A bit more ambitious. I mean I quite liked it, but bringing back an iconic show after more than a decade and then basically doing a bunch of standard X-Files episodes... What was the point?

• 2 weeks later...

No, I'm saying literally the opposite, than the creature of the week episodes are better.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

No, I'm saying literally the opposite, than the creature of the week episodes are better.

They certainly were last season.

The mythology really ran its course after the 6th season.  The mythology is so messed up and uninteresting right now that I don't see how they can salvage it.  They should just stick with MOTW episodes, which would be fine with such an abridged season.

That or a 10 ep miniseries that really gets into the mythology and shows and resolves everything. So we see the aliens, we see their attempted take over, we see whats going on rather then hear old people in dark rooms go on about it.

Make it X-Files: Independence Day!

• 2 months later...