Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay

The X-Files (Renewed for 10-Episode Season 11)

449 posts in this topic

If anyone caught that great Gillian Anderson interview from Nerdist.com from last week, it seems to have suddenly stirred the pot.

This would be a dream come true if this came back on the air for a short order of like 10-12 episodes. Then go from there.

The entire interview is basically small talk and X-Files. I believe she just mentioned it briefly when she was talking her heavy travel load. Terrific interview though. I used to dislike Hardwick for some reason, but seems like a cool dude.

Chris Carter has control no need for Gilligan involvement.

I'm jazzed about all of this X-Files news. Although I was hoping for more than just 6 episodes. 10 would have been great.

I'm jazzed about all of this X-Files news. Although I was hoping for more than just 6 episodes. 10 would have been great.

Yep, though 10 wouldn't have been the best we could've hoped for, 6 just feels like a waste.

Sure they can cram everything we like to see in those 6 episodes but man, it'll be over before it even begins.

Unless it's a subtle lead-in to more fleshed out X-Files 2.0 sort of reboot.

24: Live Another Day was just a straight continuation, and not any sort of reboot, so I don't see why X-Files wouldn't be either. It's not like Duchovny and Anderson are too old to be leads on a show like this or anything.

You used that term in your last post

Yes of course, deliberately. I was just like why would anyone NOT think this is a reboot. Reboots are about the only things getting the green light anymore.

Hell, they're going to do reboots of reboots now (Spidey).