THE X-FILES

Jay

meh, what a stupid word. 

nightscape you are so on point, there is a deep sadness to this nights episode.

I love the overall tone and style these two episodes have used. It really harks back to the series. 

It might not be great which isn't a bad thing, we've only seen two of the 6 episodes. 

A great book isn't necessarily great from the beginning.  

8 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

I like all this so far.  I'm just certain that when it's over I'll feel unsatisfied.  Let's hope for another movie or something soon.

Chris Carter wants to do more episodes or another movie. A BIG movie.

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Joey said:

Chris Carter wants to do more episodes or another movie. A BIG movie.

If the ratings stay as strong as they are (the second episode on Monday pulled in nearly 10M) then another short series is almost guaranteed, provided that the actors are game.  A movie is not far-fetched in a few years if The X-Files can continue to prove its relevance.

What gray said. It feels like The X Files but I'm sure someone thinks it was meh.

It's definitely a cut above the previous two episodes and classic X Files.  I suspect the next three episodes will be around the quality of Founder's Mutation, which is acceptable.

The sequel to Home is the one I anticipate the most. Long live the Peacock family.

I guess you missed this post:

On 6/25/2015 at 3:27 PM, nightscape94 said:
On 6/6/2015 at 1:08 AM, Joey said:

The New X-Files will be doing a sequel to one of televisions greatest most frightening episodes of all time. Home Again will air in January.

Woohoo.

Wonderful Wonderful.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

"And sorry, internet, but you’re wrong: The second episode, entitled “Home Again,” won’t be a sequel to the infamously queasy horror opus “Home,” a lunatic love story about deformed, inbred children and the limbless mother they keep under their bed."

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/25/this-weeks-cover-x-files-returns

3 hours ago, Joey said:

What gray said. It feels like The X Files but I'm sure someone thinks it was meh.

The first two were, but I'd give them another shot if I had a chance to rewatch them at series' close. 

But last night's was an instant classic. I think someone already said that. Chock full of good lore. 

There is no sequel.  People just assumed "Home Again" was a sequel to "Home" when they saw the title, but its completely unrelated.

Episode 3 was just fantastic, classic X-Files humour. Apparently the writer based it on an unused script from the original run. Anyone wanna ask Gilligan what unused scripts he has lying around his office? :)

Anderson and Duchovny seem to be slowly warming into the characters with each episode (even if they're airing in a different order to what they filmed in).

No, that's incorrect. It's an unused idea from Night Stalker, not X-Files.

On 2/1/2016 at 2:32 PM, Jay said:

6 hours ago, Jay said:

There is no sequel.  People just assumed "Home Again" was a sequel to "Home" when they saw the title, but its completely unrelated.

so in other words you have no  clue as to if there is or isn't.

I have a clue because I have read about Home Again. 

It has nothing to do with Home. 

http://www.ibtimes.com/x-files-2016-spoilers-episode-4-synopsis-released-what-will-happen-home-again-video-2290101

But you're allowed to wish for a sequel to creepy inbred people if you want. Wish wish wish. 

wojo has a clue

so you know what all the remaining episodes are about.

are you afraid of a sequel to Home, did it scare you?

1 hour ago, Joey said:
7 hours ago, Jay said:

so in other words you have no  clue as to if there is or isn't.

Joey, I love you, but why are you still harping on this?  Why can't you admit you were simply wrong this time?

30 minutes ago, amh1219 said:

Yes, the concepts behind all 6 of the new episodes are known and none of them has a thing to do with Home.

This.

You've seen the first three.

Episode 4:

Mulder and Scully are sent to investigate the murder of a city official, which it seems no human could have committed. Meanwhile, Scully deals with deep feelings about the child she gave up for adoption in the all-new "Home Again" episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1002) (TV-14 L, V)

Episode 5:

When an art gallery that's showing potentially offensive artwork is bombed, Mulder and Scully seek some way to communicate with the comatose bomber in order to prevent a future attack. Meanwhile, a pair of younger FBI agents on the case (guest stars Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose) push Mulder and Scully to examine their own beliefs as Scully seeks answers from neuroscience and Mulder from mysticism in the all-new "Babylon" episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1004) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

and Episode 6 is a mythology episode.

23 hours ago, Woj said:

Can't you walk down the street and see redneck inbreeding in action? 

NO I don't live in Pennsylvania,

23 hours ago, Jay said:

Joey, I love you, but why are you still harping on this?  Why can't you admit you were simply wrong this time?

This.

You've seen the first three.

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

and Episode 6 is a mythology episode.

I have no problem being wrong. It's always pointed out here with glee.  I sometimes enjoy pointing out others errors.

Saw the first episode.

Quite good, though essentially an example of what made the mythology aspect of the show annoying.

Things finally looking as if they are going to move on, being blown wide open, followed by a sudden U turn in the last 5 minutes that only deepens the mystery. But I guess for the first episode of a mini-series that is fine.

Mulder and Scully once again look and feel great together. But the episode feels slightly rushed.