A Guide To Hans Zimmer's Interstellar

Dixon Hill

• 3 years later...

Redacted?  Aww, I just re-watched Interstellar and wanted to come back to read this again.

Anyway, since this seems to be the closest to an "Interstellar score thread" I've got a question.  Supposedly steel guitar is prominent enough that the soloist earned an end crawl credit, but where in the score is that actually audible?  I'm guessing the stuff like the higher drone in "Dust Storm" might be a steel played with an e-bow, but Occam's Razor would tell you that's a synth pad.  Anyone know where a pedal steel might be clearly heard?  Do the live concerts give any clues?

I removed these years ago.  The person I put them together with lost his motivation to do the AI one, and I'm sure you can appreciate the disinterest in keeping these exhaustive writeups about Zimmer available given the...climate that sometimes rears its head here.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'll never understand the motivation behind deleting something helpful that others would enjoy reading. 

It was a petty response to the petty attitudes on here about the composer in question.  You can see several examples right here on this page.  Why bother?