Romão

Jerry Goldsmith's The Ghost and the Darkness - New Intrada 2CD

I only bought the OST a few weeks ago.

Curse of expanded scores strikes again. Buy the OST and sure enough the expanded release will be released in a few weeks!

Finally. It's one of those rare scores where the alternates and different mixes (that i know of) really make a difference. The movie might be nothing more than an effective outdoor thriller with some pictorial scope but Goldsmith obviously saw it as a late opportunity for writing an epic and the care he lavished on details is remarkable. There is something about those sampled chants and how Goldsmith employed them throughout the score that elevates it above his other great adventure scores of the 1990's: it's one of the last times he actually was ahead of his colleagues in creating something that nobody had done this way before him and, come DINOSAUR, it catched on.

Wow. For some reason, this is one I didn't see coming. It's plenty welcome, though—one of the master's last epic scores for a less-than-epic film.

It was a great OST, I have no idea what else is there.

If you're only a casual Goldsmith fan you won't need it. If you thought it was great and had a unique atmosphere, you should get the full release. There are not many boring patches.

It takes the more tweedy and polished Hollywood style of JG's later career and adds some abstract twists to it that elevates it above the more 'pure' and ponderous ones like 13TH WARRIOR - they too are great but GATD has the plushy thematics plus the weird sampled material, making it at least a bit of a leap in the direction of his greatest works.

Awesome news!

I was crossing my fingers for "Warlock"...and Intrada delivered. I was hoping for "The Ghost and the Darkness"...and they delivered again!

Now if La La Land can knock it out of the park with the Williams release that hopefully happenens soon, I can rest easy until TFA...