BloodBoal

I think they matter, to me and quite a few others, anyway. But still, no one here is close to completely hating these movies, so far as I've seen. The most negative opinions on tORN are far more negative than here.

Though on average, tORN is more favourable towards the films. I prefer the atmosphere here by far, to be honest.

Well, swearing sure. And you can hardly say anything slightly heated against someone without a mod stepping in and giving you shit.

By joking, I meant more that the people on there don't seem to have much of a sense of humour.

After watching the EE and its audio commentary, I'm as close to hating BotFA as I think it's possible.

Yeah it was not pretty, that commentary.

Anyway, it's all over now. Time to move on to the Silmarillion!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo! Don't ruin that beautiful epic for me PJ! NOoooooooooooooooooooooo!

All good stories deserve embellishment...

That's not even a quote from Tolkien!

And I would hate to see the beautiful history of the First Age bastardized by any director. Storywise it would be much more difficult compared to the "a beginning and an end" narratives like the Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Faleel said:

Battle of the Five Armies Complete Recordings: Dawn of Justice!

Make that The Hobbit Complete Recordings: Dawn of Justice!

The only thing is editing it into the Fan Club Credits rip, its surprisingly hard to figure out where the previously unreleased part actually goes.

3 minutes ago, Kühni said:

Some parts of the newly released old music sounded surprisingly "thin" to my ears, almost like a mock-up.

The Choir I'll bet. Yeah it's synth (just the choir).

15 minutes ago, Kühni said:

I wouldn't have been able to tell that it was not complete.

Well except for the "missing" Fellowship theme when The Three Hunters set out. ;)

I mean the Fellowship theme at 3:34 of Breaking of the Fellowship

It's not in the EE version, just the build up.

12 minutes ago, Kühni said:

perhaps PJ asked Shore to put more emphasis on the Three Hunters departing with a more pronounced statement of the theme vs. the one that Shore had in the earlier (alternate) version.

I just wish it had been in the credits version or in the BOTFA featurette!

2 hours ago, Kühni said:

the six-and-a-half minutes of the EE Breaking make for a stunning standalone piece that wonderfully summarizes FotR, or even Shore's overall approach to Middle-earth.

Yes, yes!  Well said.

2 hours ago, Kühni said:

It remains an enormous pity that it wasn't included on the CR.

Well, it wasn't the model they were following at the time.  But man, it would so great if they were to revisit FOTR from the ground up, and include the full original recordings of all the cues without any tracking in them, and with bonus track section at the end of alternate compositions.  Basically the current specialty label model.  That would be so utterly amazing to have....

At 3:00-3:15 in the Lesnie tribute,it sounds like two edited parts segue into each other slowly, you can hear the whistle under the music fading in.