The funny Middle-Earth related Pictures and Videos thread

Marian Schedenig

Didn't have that problem myself, and I didnt dislike the movie as much as he clearly did

But I do agree with him on other points (a few of which, like Dain just disappearing from the movie, will probably be cleared up by the EE)

and of course, low tolerance for continuity errors and a penchant for nitpicking are his running jokes

..it does make me wonder. What did Galadriel do again during her LOTR offscreen hours? (In the book that is)

Eh. Again, its their gimmick. If you take them seriously, you have already lost.

edit: also they clearly stole the Wereworm negotiation joke from us!

sue them I say!

In general I have a very, very low threshold for shit like this. I'll decide what's wrong with a movie thank you very much.

I am glad to tell you exactly what was wrong with this movie. And I have, on several occasions. We few, the disgruntled few, A band of mockers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That guy comes across as a real arsehole to be honest. I think Colbert and Jackson understand these things, but their mediums (for lack of a better word) call for simplification and creative choices. And it's grossly unfair - nay, entirely wrong - to suggest Colbert's knowledge of Middle-earth is drawn from the films. Anyone with a brain would know this.

He seems like the type you really wouldn't want to meet at parties.

That guy comes across as a real arsehole to be honest. I think Colbert and Jackson understand these things, but their mediums (for lack of a better word) call for simplification and creative choices. And it's grossly unfair - nay, entirely wrong - to suggest Colbert's knowledge of Middle-earth is drawn from the films. Anyone with a brain would know this.

He seems like the type you really wouldn't want to meet at parties.

Yeah, I agree. Seems like someone who's annoyed by the fact that he liked this stuff before it was cool man!

Colbert was just being funny! Dude is a proper fan.

I didn't think somebody cared enough to write THAT long essay against Colbert's little sketch. I guess there are more hard-core Tolkien purists than me.

EEEP! :eek:

Reviews of reviews of reviews. The internet way.

Meh. Those are over-rated, anyway.

Besides, "reviews of reviews" is just another way of saying "glorified rebuttal" (not nearly as appealing, though).

<script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Home Invasion

This was an interesting weekend...

Posted by Peter Jackson on Sunday, 29 November 2015

PJ post middle earth.

:lol: PJ is hilarious!

Oh and is that The Silmarillion he has so tantalizingly on his desk.

Christopher Tolkien will never sell the rights. The Estate may do it at some point.

When they need some petty cash I wager.

• 1 month later...