Top 5 most famous John Williamses

Thor

I'm sure something like this has been done before, but I wanted to give it a go.

1. John Williams (our guy!)

john-williams.jpg

2. John Williams - the guitarist

john_williams.jpg

3. John Williams - the football player (played for Coventry back in the day)

coventry-city-john-williams-110-merlin-s

4. John H. Williams - the film producer (worked with OUR John Williams on SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET)

john-h-williams.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

5. John Williams - the economist

mg_feature1_3230.jpg

6. John Williams, M.D.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25251

Anyways all these other Johns is why John should have either never stopped going by Johnny Williams, or should have been like, John T. Williams or something.

3. John Williams - the football player (played for Coventry back in the day)

coventry-city-john-williams-110-merlin-s

John Williams (that one ^) also played for my team, Exeter City, in the 1997-98 season towards the end of his professional career. He only scored four goals for us and was often used as an 'impact' substitute but unfortunately without much impact. If things were going badly on the pitch - which they usually were in those days - the fans would sing "Bring on the postman!", a reference to the fact that John Williams was a postman before he became a film composer guitarist professional footballer.

Who else can claim to have cheered for more than one John Williams?

I've worked on a number of criminal cases in which "John Williams" was a defendant. Though I guess they'd be more infamous than famous...

don't forget the serial killer John Williams who shot people while they were driving in the Va area. the great character acter names John Williams, the great basketball player names John Williams.

But Thor, neither JWFan nor FSM welcome such silliness. We are places of serious discussion and debate, please don't disrespect that.

Touché.

• 1 month later...

The actor John Williams ((15 April 1903 – 5 May 1983)

williams-john2.jpg

John Williams the author:

John_Edward_Williams.jpg

The actor John Williams ((15 April 1903 – 5 May 1983)

williams-john2.jpg

John Williams the author:

John_Edward_Williams.jpg

I just read John Edward Williams novel "Stoner" and it's an amazing work. He wrote just three other novels that I hope to get sometime soon.

Also, don't forget John Thomas Williams, jazz pianist from Vermont, that has been often confused with "our own" Williams. He played on a number of recordings of Stan Getz band and Phil Woods.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

The actor John Williams was mentioned in the thread before: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002369/?ref_=nv_sr_3

But I find it interesting that he played in the original SABRINA (which would later be remade by Pollack and music by our John Williams). He also appeared in TV series actually scored by our John Williams, including episodes of ALCOA and CHECKMATE. I wonder if our John Williams paid attention to this while doing those episodes. Probably not, as it's too common a name. Just as he probably wasn't bothered during WAGON TRAIN, when he did music for an actor that was just a couple of years earlier married to his wife.

Wait, you mean this forum isn't for the football player?

Nobody told me this whole time.

I I...I don't know if I should join you guys with your "composer/conductor whatever" dude. My name is for Dmitri Borodin, the famous Russian goal keeper.

On 5/9/2015 at 1:36 PM, Thor said:

I'm taking this (stupid?) topic idea to FSM. Hope you don't mind.

Technically this thread is in the right topic.