Mad Max: Fury Road - Academy Awards 2016 Best Picture Nominee (BIGGEST OSCAR SNUB EVER!!)

BloodBoal

On 15-1-2016 at 1:33 PM, Jay said:

What?  Sanjay's Super Team is absolutely PIxar.

I stand corrected.

Still, that leaves four non-Pixar shorts nominated...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good a reason as any to watch the film a second time

I still need to watch that Gravity cut with no score sometime

I had never seen the part before that the B&W version was sent to the composer and when Miller saw it he thought about actually releasing it

A small correction: the quote in that A.V. Club article is from an L.A. Times article from last week, so it's more recent than I thought. The A.V. Club fails to link to the original L.A. Times article for some reason. The A.V. Club also mentiones Miller says this in the article: "the best version of Fury Road was [...] a cheap, black-and-white version of the movie for the composer." But in the original article, this quote is actually about The Road Warrior, which is actually Mad Max 2 from 1981. Back when they still had to send an actual print to a composer... He's said that before about The Road Warrior, back in September at /Film when he was also quoted as saying " the best version of [Fury Road] is black and white, but people reserve that for art movies now." So that's probably where that came from.

The bit about saving the black-and-white version for a a later release with more features and a commentary looks new, though. I can't find the article now, but I think Miller has mentioned before he'd like to see the black-and-white version released and we know it's out there. But until we get an actual confirmed release date for it, this is just one of those clickbait-y internet myths. Like "20 Things You Didn't Know About The Force Awakens" articles that all contain the same trivia.

42 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

What would be the point of sending the composer a black and white version?

In 2015, none.

But in 1981, they were still working on film and copying to black-and-white is cheaper than copying to color. The composer won't need a color print, so a black-and-white version is what they'd get to save the production money.

10 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Its 2016!

Yes. But Mad Max: Fury Road was finished in 2015, so I assume that's when they were sending copies of the film to the composer. Which is what we were talking about. Pay attention now.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

THAT'S FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS!

The Oscars suck and I'm never gonna watch them ever again.

Until next year.

I've not watched Oscar ceremony after The Return of the King rampage. Just thought it is boring and hardly worth staying up all night for.

Karol

6 minutes ago, hornist said:

Bad thing is we are playing Fanfare for Fenway tomorrow morning... shit

Do it for JW! Do for JWFan! The better half of us! Those who still keep faith!

Just now, hornist said:

So the professionals don't need to practice? lol

Once you have that certificate on your wall it's all smooth sailing.