R.I.P. Sir Christopher Lee

Barnald

What a legend. What an icon.

I'll just find comfort and joy at knowing Christopher Lee had lived long enough to see The Hobbit trilogy.

R.I.P.

He was one of those people I though that could go on forever :( .

At least he is reunited again with his good friends Peter Cushing and Vincent Price out there somewhere...

R.I.P.

I'm not sad because he has had a long life and an interesting varied career. Quite rich biography. RIP and thanks for all your iconic roles, Mr Lee! Much respect.

Karol

Fun but also slightly sad.

At age 90 I can fully understand Lee not wanting to go to New Zealand, but could they not have gone to England with McKellen, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett?

It's impossible to say given the schedules of the actors and whatnot, but I do at least think Jackson showed the utmost respect to both him and Sir Ian Holm by going over to direct their scenes personally. It's good to know that any bad blood was put to bed.

I freaking love Christopher Lee. Rest in Peace.

29qcozs.jpg

Look how fantastically well he is there. It's bloody frightening how a person can go so aged and frail in such a relatively short period of time.

I'll just find comfort and joy at knowing Christopher Lee had lived long enough to see The Hobbit trilogy.

Erm... well, ok. He will truly be missed.

29qcozs.jpg

Look how fantastically well he is there. It's bloody frightening how a person can go so aged and frail in such a relatively short period of time.

Well, to be fair that picture was taken over 10-12 years ago.

29qcozs.jpg

Well this is either 10 or 13 years ago.

RIP.

The first film I saw with Lee, outside the LOTR trilogy and SW prequels, was Howling 2: Your Sister Is a Werewolf. I don't know if he needed money or lost a bet, but that movie is gloriously awful. And Lee's '80s shades.... has to be seen to be believed.

He had a rich and varied resume, I can say that much. A definite screen legend.

What a life this man lead. Sad that a true legend's no longer with us but he had an incredible run. Any one of his achievements would have been enough of a highlight for a lifetime.