Sign in to follow this  
Iron_Giant

Greetings from California

Hello everyone. I'm excited to have found this great community of film score aficionados and look forward to contributing my bit to the group.

I'm not particularly musically inclined (in terms of playing an instrument) and I don't have a musicological background. However, I have what you might call an enthusiastic amateur's interest in the musicological aspects of film scores and JW's style of writing in particular. Can't imagine a better place to indulge that interest than right here.

See you on the boards!

Serge

"However, I have what you might call an enthusiastic amateur's interest in the musicological aspects of film scores and JW's style of writing in particular."

I think I got that.....sort of. :P Anyway welcome to the forum! Indeed this would be the place to analyze John Williams' style.

Hello everyone. I'm excited to have found this great community of film score aficionados and look forward to contributing my bit to the group.

I'm not particularly musically inclined (in terms of playing an instrument) and I don't have a musicological background. However, I have what you might call an enthusiastic amateur's interest in the musicological aspects of film scores and JW's style of writing in particular. Can't imagine a better place to indulge that interest than right here.

See you on the boards!

Serge

Can you make fists with your toes?

See you on the boards!

Serge

Can you make fists with your toes?

Oh boy, I'm pretty sure that question has some manner of double entendre and therefore flew right over my head. So I'm going to answer no.

Can't you guys give a proper welcome for once?

Like: Hey there, hope you like your stay with us, but first you should grasp our particular sense of humor, which isn't for everyone, especially newbies that don't get it and may leave this place before getting 10 posts, but in any case, feel free to contribute in any way you feel like. Just don't hold it against us if you feel you don't belong. :)

Can't you guys give a proper welcome for once?

Like: Hey there, hope you like your stay with us, but first you should grasp our particular sense of humor, which isn't for everyone, especially newbies that don't get it and may leave this place before getting 10 posts, but in any case, feel free to contribute in any way you feel like. Just don't hold it against us if you feel you don't belong. :)

Just post that exact message on every new greetings thread.