Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard 2018)

Jay

6 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I believe these reactions are sincere, but are just products of the moment. I think what happens is people get invited to these things, they're hyped, they're with a bunch of other fans who are hyped, they feel privileged and grateful to be invited, the atmosphere is fun and exciting and someone shows them new STAR WARS and it just sends them through the roof, and they fall all over themselves to Tweet out their excitement.

All true. And I would very likely do the same if (when?) they invite me to one of these things.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked that ad / teaser. Some cool images, and Glover looks well-cast. Not much else to base things off though, so hard for me to make a final judgment. Discouraged by the lack of actual Han Solo shots though. 

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The lack of Han Solo speaking is discouraging, but that could just be for this one time. 

What do you mean? Alden Ehrenreich had several lines in the trailer... most of the dialogue was his, actually.

7 minutes ago, JohnSolo said:

What do you mean? Alden Ehrenreich had several lines in the trailer... most of the dialogue was his, actually.

Oh whoops, I was more referring to the lack of what appears to be actual Han Solo, but it's a short advertisement, so really that's just nitpicking. My bad. For what it is, the ad is pretty good. 

Film looks great! Particularly loving that prequel-esque character at 0:32. 

I will say, however, that I legitimately wondered if it was some kind of cheesy car ad or something for the first 10 seconds, with that Imperial guy talking. Part of that was probably because I was so shocked to be seeing anything (for some reason I hadn't been expecting anything until tomorrow). 

That ending "joke" is horrific, and I'm not yet ready to accept that messed up Falcon redesign (not the paintjob, white corridors or brand new shiny hull plating, but those mandibles).

7 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

A star Wars trailer without John Williams themes is terrible.

It does have Luke's theme.

44 minutes ago, Denise Bryson said:

It's interesting the vision I had in my head for this movie was a low rent stoner comedy. This is not that.

As if. While i have no comment on Solo one way or another, the nagging question who thought this guy resembled a young Harrison Ford remains. 

I had my concerns with Ehrenreich, but after seeing this trailer, I totally buy him as a younger Solo. The sarcasm, the “that’s yes”, and his trademark over-confidence feel correct.

Wow!  I haven't been able to watch the full teaser with sound on, but visually that looks much better than Rogue One :up: