Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard 2018)

Jay

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

RIP Christopher Lee. Sorry to say that I think he's better as Saruman than as Dooku. 

I remember thinking very fondly of him when I was younger. His accomplishments are truly admirable. 

Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

Various Horror Flicks

Being able to understand Geonosian (although I heard somewhere that Krennic can speak the language too)

What is there to understand? It sounds like farts anyway.

Karol

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

RIP Christopher Lee. Sorry to say that I think he's better as Saruman than as Dooku.

So you mean to say that he was better in the film with the director who does rehearsals with the actors, talks them through the scene and takes 20-30 takes until he gets the performance just right, compared to the film with a director who couldn’t bother with rehearsals or taking more than 3-4 takes? What a shock!

On 19/02/2018 at 9:06 AM, Chen G. said:

So you mean to say that he was better in the film with the director who does rehearsals with the actors, talks them through the scene and takes 20-30 takes until he gets the performance just right, compared to the film with a director who couldn’t bother with rehearsals or taking more than 3-4 takes? What a shock!

Some of us prefer just watching a movie rather than fretting about how many takes were shot.

26 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Some of us prefer watching a movie rather than having the inside scoop on how it was shot.

Then don't watch the DVD extras. 

Most of prefer to watch a movie worth watching (like TLJ) than the unwatchable prequels. 

5 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

Clint Eastwood only does two takes.

Ed Wood only did one.

Okay and cut! Perfect! Print it!

Filmmaking isn't about the finer details. It's about the big picture.

Again, more than the number of takes outright, there’s so much that a director can do to ensure he gets a good performance from a cast member: be it rehearsals, prior or throughout the day, and/or be it the way in which the director explains what he wants of the actor and the way in which he talks the actor through the scene. The more energy a director invests in giving the actor the clearest possible image of his vision for the scene (and it can take a lot of energy and time), the better the performance will be.

In that sense, the director is much more important to the quality of the performance than the actor is.

On 19/02/2018 at 9:04 PM, JohnSolo said:

It looks like a gardening spade you can get satellite TV with. Is this seriously gonna be a legit thing in the movie?

• 2 weeks later...

Solo posters accused of stealing pre-existing design: https://movieweb.com/han-solo-movie-character-posters-artist-stealing-design/

Look at the side-by-sides. Pretty obvious!

Oh yea I meant to post that yesterday

It's a blatant ripoff for sure

DXYL6dYVQAUfE2z.jpg:large

Doesn't matter much, Disney might pay the guy, might not, won't be a big story