Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard 2018)

Jay

Lol. For a multi-million dollar production in the Star War-verse, that sure is a stupid mistake to make.

Disney are so powerful that they can do what the hell they want. Their legal team will shut this down swiftly and the artist will get no recognition from them.

Has anyone noticed that all these posters have a cut-and-paste still from TESB?

On 19/02/2018 at 3:46 AM, Jerry said:

RIP Christopher Lee. Sorry to say that I think he's better as Saruman than as Dooku. 

I remember thinking very fondly of him when I was younger. His accomplishments are truly admirable. 

Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

Various Horror Flicks

Being able to understand Geonosian (although I heard somewhere that Krennic can speak the language too)

...Scaramanga, and...Lord Summerisle.

On 19/02/2018 at 2:46 PM, Jerry said:

RIP Christopher Lee. Sorry to say that I think he's better as Saruman than as Dooku. 

I remember thinking very fondly of him when I was younger. His accomplishments are truly admirable. 

Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

Various Horror Flicks

Being able to understand Geonosian (although I heard somewhere that Krennic can speak the language too)

Galen Erso might have known a Geonosian word or two.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh yea I meant to post that yesterday

It's a blatant ripoff for sure

DXYL6dYVQAUfE2z.jpg:large

Doesn't matter much, Disney might pay the guy, might not, won't be a big story

They lifted the style, but the words and pictures were entirely Disney's own. It's not like this French whiner made a template that Disney stole. Making this kind of artwork is time consuming, and he did not save them any of it in actually making the pictures. 

5 hours ago, Woj said:

They lifted the style, but the words and pictures were entirely Disney's own. It's not like this French whiner made a template that Disney stole. Making this kind of artwork is time consuming, and he did not save them any of it in actually making the pictures. 

He saved them the effort of them coming up with their own inspiration, I suppose.

14 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Looks like something I might have built with my space Legos when I was six.

And this is what I actually built (that's yours truly, circa 1980, after a quick dip in our new swimming pool). Oddly prescient isn't it?

lego.jpg

Notice the action figures in there (Leia can at least be identified by her Chelsea Bun earphones). There's some ST: TMP figures in there too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I'm going to sit through this just for Powell's sake...at least, I intend to. 

This turning out to be good isn't an impossibility, but it is an unlikelihood. 

BUT I AM SO READY FOR A POWELL STAR WARS SCORE

15 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Why would you sit through a movie just to listen to the score?  That sounds dumb. Just buy the soundtrack. 

In all seriousness, though, that's the purpose of isolated score tracks: so you can sit through the film and listen to the music as the film plays. They're not present on all films, though, so maybe some people take what they can get if they want to listen to more than the soundtrack presentation.

35 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Why would you sit through a movie just to listen to the score?  That sounds dumb. Just buy the soundtrack. 

If its a movie you don't like - than you're right. Why suffer through it?

But if you like the movie, why not? What is the score meant for, if not to accompany those images? The definitive presentation of the score is the movie, not the album.

3 hours ago, Demodex said:

Because I like Powell. 

I have issues. ;D

(Also, I recall Mars Attacks had an isolated score on the DVD)

3 hours ago, Chen G. said:

The definitive presentation of the score is the movie, not the album.

No, the definitive presentation of a score is a release featuring every note of music composed for that film.

9 minutes ago, John said:

No, the definitive presentation of a score is a release featuring every note of music composed for that film.

No, the definitive presentation of a score is an original soundtrack album that includes the highlights re-arranged into a symphonic musical narrative.

1 hour ago, Margo Channing said:

No, the definitive presentation of a score is an original soundtrack album that includes the highlights re-arranged into a symphonic musical narrative.

But film music isn't symphonic (in the sense of a structured symphony arranged in movements). Its much more closely related to Opera, Operatta and other such programmatic pieces of music. Its intended to accompany certain imagery and evoke that imagery. You could listen to a recording devoid of dialogue and sound effects as you often can an opera, but that's not the purpose of film music.

4 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Isn't it odd Giacchino was showing us previews for Fallen Kingdom, while Powell hasn't shown much of his work for this beyond photos of him at the sessions?

Interesting contrast.

Wouldn't it be more odd if everyone were to do everything exactly the same?

9 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Isn't it odd Giacchino was showing us previews for Fallen Kingdom, while Powell hasn't shown much of his work for this beyond photos of him at the sessions?

Interesting contrast.

Isn't Gia more active on social media than Powell?

16 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Interesting contrast.

Not odd at all. There’s a lot more secrecy and control concerning Star Wars.