Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard 2018)

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.4.2018 at 2:33 PM, mstrox said:

Therm Scissorpunch.

I would have just called him Therm Zoidberg.

7 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

Indy 4 premiered at Cannes.

It even got a standing ovation.

Great film, that one. I'm sure this will match it. ;)

It's a highly meta reference to the fact that the inspiration for the final Falcon design was a burger with a bite taken out of it and an olive next to it, only this doesn't have olives... nevermind. That weird new old design looks more like a pizza slice, anyway.

4 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Denny's, an American diner chain, home of the infamous...

Well, to be fair, that world lends itself to that much more.

Compare Tolkien's descriptions of the Hobbits' diet, or Jackson's portrayal of the contents of Bilbo's pantry, to what we know about food from the Star Wars films: there's blue milk, and these bread portions from The Force Awakens; and pears (which are appearantly eaten in this galaxy with silverware) and that's it.

14 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Compare Tolkien's descriptions of the Hobbits' diet, or Jackson's portrayal of the contents of Bilbo's pantry, to what we know about food from the Star Wars films: there's blue milk, and these bread portions from The Force Awakens; and pears (which are appearantly eaten in this galaxy with silverware) and that's it.

You forgot roasted Porg. ;)  My understanding is that Ewoks like to eat roasted human as well. What a sight that would have been.

Anyway, I'm not interested in being fair to Denny's, or Warner/New Line's, crasser forms of marketing for The Hobbit. I understand product tie-ins are just a reality for big tentpole pics like this, but you can do a lot of marketing around these films without being completely tasteless (pun intended).  I actually think the Tolkien estate sued New Line for some of their more obnoxious forms of marketing, because they hurt the Tolkien brand in general.  

On whether the Green Dragon or Prancing Pony served "Gandalf's Gobble Melt" one can only speculate.

I actually mind the Han Solo menu less than The Hobbit one.  Star Wars went down this road from almost day one, there's no dignity there left to protect.

12 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I actually mind the Han Solo menu less than The Hobbit one.  Star Wars went down this road from almost day one, there's no dignity there left to protect.

Very true.

17 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Don't forget all those Tic-Tacs inside Luke's tin, in TESB, and that thing that Jar Jar steals with his tongue...and barbequed porg-on-a-stick!

14 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

What event was it a couple years back where Burger King had pitch black burgers? Wasn't that for the premiere of TFA? Either way I had green diarrhea for a week.

I thought those were just Halloween themed burgers. Japan offers similar burgers using bamboo charcoal and squid ink. The burgers in US used artificial food coloring chemicals. 

They should sell a grilled chicken sandwich called the Millennium Falcon. Except the blue and white cream sauce will give its eater a bad case of the Kessel Runs.