Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard 2018)

Jay

Update regarding the applause:

June 26, 1:15 pm A previous version of this article stated that the crew of the Han Solo spinoff broke into applause following the announcement of Ron Howard as director. In fact, these sources say the applause came at the end of the meeting in which the departure of Lord and Miller was announced and they were informed a new director would be arriving. These sources say the mood at the meeting was somber but there was applause "in support of the movie."

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The publicity tour for this movie next year will either be very interesting or very stilted/awkward.

It would take a brave reporter to press the issue with cast or crew in the publicity tour; probably not the smartest idea getting on Disney's bad side.

And how pathetic is that.  Disney is largely shit, from its cookie cutter blockbusters to the heinously banal and brain melting mush they put out for babies.  Waste of an initially creatively fertile empire.  Their bad side needs to be slapped around along with their good side.

7 minutes ago, crumbs said:

It would take a brave reporter to press the issue with cast or crew in the publicity tour; probably not the smartest idea getting on Disney's bad side.

NDAs would prevent anything of the sort. 

1 minute ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

And how pathetic is that.  Disney is largely shit, from its cookie cutter blockbusters to the heinously banal and brain melting mush they put out for babies.  Waste of an initially creatively fertile empire.  Their bad side needs to be slapped around along with their good side.

Yep, it's an unfortunate reality.

Reporters dare not risk their accreditations being cancelled or their company being blacklisted by Disney, so they'll stick to the rehearsed PR crap like, "What's it like working on a Star Wars movie!?"

I had somehow not even made the connection in my mind that this is Ron Howard's second Lucasfilm movie (as director) until tonight.  And I love Willow.  Just hadn't thought about it.

As long as Disney keeps up with the great quality of their recent Star Wars films, I'm perfectly fine with them continually churning more out.

At Celebration this year Lucas said they're movies for 14 year olds. 

1 hour ago, Evil-Lyn said:

And I'm sorry. I am very, very sorry. I prefer the prequels.

Episode 3 isn't horrible, but TFA is less cringe- worthy than the other 2. AOTC is almost unwatchable. 

They prequels are so bad, how can they even be acknowledged to be in the same continuity as the others? Wouldn't characters notice that their worlds looked like bad CGI while everything evolved to look more natural in later episodes?

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

Kids love trade route taxes!

They always did. The Empire = The Sheriff Of Nottingham.

Alex

It's actually a very believable piece, unlike Shatner's rugs at many points. It just doesn't suit him, like Shatner's rugs. Although it's worth noting that by Star Trek VI, they nailed it and it actually finally looked like the hair of an older Kirk instead of a weird afro perm thing.