Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

2 minutes ago, someonefun124 said:

I'm wondering if Lando's inclusion in the final episode was always the plan or if Fisher's death had something to do with it?

Are you implying that Billy Dee Williams had something to do with the death of Fisher?

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

What does this mean for a possible IX appearance.

I don't see why it would mean anything. There are many months of filming and many months to grow his beard back.

1 minute ago, John said:

I don't see why it would mean anything. There are many months of filming and many months to grow his beard back.

Unless he's a slow grower.

1 minute ago, Holko said:

He looked better with it.

According to his contract he had to wear it until now. :sarcasm:

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

(begin weird speculation)

1 minute ago, John said:

11 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Unless he's a slow grower.

I have plenty of friends who actually have a tough time trying to grow a beard or even a goatee. From what we've seen, Hamill does not have that issue.

I try not to go into these things with expectations or requirements, but I'll admit I'm going to be majorly disappointed if Hamill's not in IX.  I don't know how he couldn't be, but you never know.  I'm willing to bet that if he is, they won't confirm it until the movie's out.  A secret cameo.  I seriously doubt he's going to be a major part of the movie.  I'd expect it to be like Alec Guinness in ROTJ.  Show up for one scene to explain the ending of the previous film ;) 

16 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I try not to go into these things with expectations or requirements, but I'll admit I'm going to be majorly disappointed if Hamill's not in IX.  I don't know how he couldn't be, but you never know.  I'm willing to bet that if he is, they won't confirm it until the movie's out.  A secret cameo.  I seriously doubt he's going to be a major part of the movie.  I'd expect it to be like Alec Guinness in ROTJ.  Show up for one scene to explain the ending of the previous film ;) 

It could be like the Joker in Arkham Knight! No one knew Hamill would be in it, and it turned out he was one of the most prominent characters in the game!

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

DhxtiAvX0AELKJ6.jpg

Mark Hamill

Beard's gone! :o

What does this mean for a possible IX appearance.

-

-

-

(begin weird speculation)

Well, Anakin looked like Hayden when he ghosted.  Maybe we're going to see Classic Luke's ghost in IX.

Just now, mstrox said:

Well, Anakin looked like Hayden when he ghosted.  Maybe we're going to see Classic Luke's ghost in IX.

Shaving a beard is one thing mstrox. De-aging 41 years is another, although Mark isn't doing too bad for 66!

I couldn't believe the de-aging CGI in Ant-Man and the Wasp honestly.  Both Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer looked precisely like they did in the 1980s, and with no uncanny valley at all.  My eye was completely tricked.  That stuff has come a long way.

Just now, Jerry said:

Well, I guess they can do that, yes. But then shouldn't Yoda be coming back as a kid or was he just always old? What about Obi-Wan? The Force is confusing.

I'm sure the soul of the person who's become part of the Force can choose to appear whatever they age they want to.

I didn't necessarily mean "classic 18 year old Luke," although I wouldn't doubt the technology after Tarkin in Rogue One or the Marvel examples in the Ant Man movies and Cap: Civil War.  I just meant a more "classic" look for ol' Mark.  But who knows.

Chewie should finally be more in the spotlight instead of being furniture (walking carpet, he he) now that he's the only one along with 3PO from the OG core cast to be alive both IRL and in-universe.

3 hours ago, mstrox said:

I just meant a more "classic" look for ol' Mark.  But who knows.

I thought his astral projection in The Last Jedi was supposed to be just that. He's older sure, but he looks like Luke Skywalker again.

5 hours ago, Holko said:

There's the trick, they're more likely to be granddadies by their age.

Rey, I'm your grandfather... doesn't quite work. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I see no reason for this to exist as a separate thread.  I'm going to merge it into the existing Episode 9 thread

The aim of this thread was to spark a discussion about how Lando will be involved in Ep. IX, without all the other clutter. :sarcasm:

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I couldn't believe the de-aging CGI in Ant-Man and the Wasp honestly.  Both Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer looked precisely like they did in the 1980s, and with no uncanny valley at all.  My eye was completely tricked.  That stuff has come a long way.

Easy - just slightly defocus the objective.

6 hours ago, someonefun124 said:

I'm wondering if Lando's inclusion in the final episode was always the plan or if Fisher's death had something to do with it?

I had the same thought. It seems to me the story group wrote themselves into a corner with the last film and they have nowhere interesting to go with the characters who are still alive and the very few plot threads that are still "in play." They really shouldn't have so much up on the fly.

5 hours ago, Muldoon said:

I had the same thought. It seems to me the story group wrote themselves into a corner with the last film and they have nowhere interesting to go with the characters who are still alive and the very few plot threads that are still "in play." They really shouldn't have so much up on the fly.

What?

16 hours ago, Stefancos said:

What?

I just mean that Episode VIII has already addressed every interesting plot this trilogy had going for it -- what happened to Luke, will Rey turn bad, will Kylo turn good, what's gonna happen to Snoke, who were Rey's parents, etc. What questions do any of us really have going into Episode IX? It seems to me all we're really left wondering is not will Rey defeat Kylo, but how will Rey defeat Kylo? There's not a whole lot left for us to sink our teeth into, is there? I guess there will probably some romantic nonsense as well, but with so little build up, who cares?