Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

I found Spaceballs has very neat ideas, and some great jokes, but fails to tie them together well or coherently. I got much more enjoyment out of watching clips on Youtube than watching the whole movie.

Nope - they’re gonna use unseen footage from his Colt 45 commercials.

and if they get in a real pinch, there’s always Harrison’s deleted footage from ET.

I have to wonder how this idea of using existing footage might bind the filmmaker's hands as far as Leia goes.

On the one hand, her presence is important on the level of providing a through-line to the original films; on the other hand, done wrong and the internet will cry out "fan service!"

We'll see.

18 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Maybe cut over to him every 15-20 minutes, just continuing to quietly fall

Nonlinear editing in Star Wars!

Novel! 😉

1 hour ago, Chen G. said:

On the one hand, her presence is important on the level of providing a through-line to the original films; on the other hand, done wrong and the internet will cry out "fan service!"

Nah. It's J.J. We'll all fall in love with STAR WARS, again, and forgive everyone for Ep. VIII (not that there's anything to forgive).

Personally, I'm happy to accept whatever they put before me. It's only STAR WARS, innit?

5 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Whether you like Dead Alive or not, it's better than everything.

Noticed your typo and fixed it for ya, since I'm such a swell guy. You're welcome!

9 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm sure they can think up an excuse to bring him back! After all, we never saw his dead body, did we? :)

Excuse or no; I don't think Harrison Ford would want to come back. He didn't even want to do RotJ; let alone TFA.

6 hours ago, crocodile said:

Parade of the Buffoons?

Karol

Its a shame how a director can take a character who was a confident military man in the first film and turn him into a sniveling buffoon in the next.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Wasn't the dislike more towards Lucas as a director/producer with not that great people skills?

No. He just doesn't seem to like the character of Han Solo. It's nothing to do with George.

15 hours ago, Chen G. said:

I have to wonder how this idea of using existing footage might bind the filmmaker's hands as far as Leia goes.

It's more about the reason the footage was deleted.

I think Fisher was pretty good in TLJ but cringeworthy in TFA .And if they pick out scenes that are even worse...

16 hours ago, crocodile said:

Parade of the Buffoons?

Karol

Don't you mean 'March of the Villains/ Lex Luthor's Theme - a fitting theme for General Hux's suckery.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Force Ghost obviously. It's hardly a surprise they are putting Hamill in Ep 9.

I'm legit surprised they announced it in advance. Thought for sure it would be kept secret ala Yoda in TLJ.

Probably a bit of damage control after TLJ seemed to piss a lot of fans off after Luke's death, so announcing it in advance indicates a few things. 1. It's a substantial role and they know they can't keep his presence in England a secret. 2. They probably intend to use him in the marketing, so keeping it a secret was pointless. 

1 hour ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

So this is the final chapter of SW....

For me, certainly.

Nine episodes is long enough.