Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

I have no beef with Morrison, at least not any more than any other actor in those movies. I think it was the worst kind of canon nerd bullshit to replace the original Fett voice (and the original ESB Emperor, and ROTJ Anakin), but that’s a Lucas deal

19 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Well Boba Fett would have the same voice as Jango and the clone troopers if he's a clone. 

To be honest, I've never understood the worship of Boba Fett as a character. He's essentially a costume, not a voice - I don't care what accent he has, but Lucas deciding to update it to fit the canon isn't that ridiculous.

33 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Well Boba Fett would have the same voice as Jango and the clone troopers if he's a clone. 

35 minutes ago, mstrox said:

the worst kind of canon nerd bullshit

Always liked the change where Lando makes an announcement on the PA system and it cuts to people suddenly coming to a complete stop in a hallway, then a huge crowd of people listening intently to him.

• 1 month later...

Lucas was building the story on the fly in those cases. It was a constant work in progress as the canon changed with new films. That's not one of the more unreasonable modifications.

6 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Sorry for the bump if you were expecting more exciting news.

Aah. So this actor posted a picture of a very slightly bleeding thumb, just to illustrate how hard he worked, today.

Get a fucking life. People suffer life-changing injuries, at work, but don't publicise it on social media.

Stick your thumb under cold running water (don't encourage it to bleed), dry it with a stirile non-abrasive cloth, stick an Elasterplast on it, and then kindly FUCK OFF BACK TO WORK. Narcissist.

And plus I don't think it's meant to draw attention to him, it's more designed to get people buzzing: "Oh, crap, what _were_ they doing?" 

The motivation for these things does not always need to be so cynical, Richard.

49 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

Guess what character will camera focus on at the end of Episode IX

Rey, as she reunites with her parents at sunset on some beautiful foresty planet, as the music swells and a solemn piano & french horn rendition of Rey's Theme closes out the saga.

@Arpy, and @Nick Parker, I hear what both of you are saying, and, to a very large extent, I agree, fully.

It's good and right to feel good about doing a full and satisfying day's work. My question is: why advertise it (complete with photograph), on worldwide media?

There can be only one answer: to publicise the film. 

Many, many people do a great day's work, but don't feel the need to share their activities. They go about their work quietly, and with decorum. 

Yes, I'm cynical. I'm cynical about the apparent need to post these kind of details about one's work. I'm cynical about an organisation that believes that posts such as that will get publicity. Most of all, I'm saddened for the millions of suckers who lap this kind of thing up; who actually get a kick out of seeing a bleeding hand.

I know I'm in the minority (of one, it seems) but it's what I think.

As for "unfriending, and stop bitching"? Hmm. Sorry. Not gonna happen. It's still my right to express my opinions, on matters, as it is yours. I would never want to dictate what anyone posts. The day that that happens, is the day I leave JWfan.

So what if the actors want to publicize this kind of content, that's what they do.

It's not a matter of how people should react to these kind of posts, @Richard

No one's forcing you to care about it.

You say other people don't feel the need to share their lives on social media, but understand that actors have a responsibility to their fanbase and share these posts because people are fascinated by this phenomenon. Ordinary office worker Joe doesn't have millions of followers on social media, most people's lives only have meaning valuable to them.

Also, don't you think Boyega sharing that pic might also be to dispel the belief that actors have it easy, like what you were haranguing in the first place?

24 minutes ago, Arpy said:

You say other people don't feel the need to share their lives on social media, but understand that actors have a responsibility to their fanbase employer

Fixed!

24 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Also, don't you think Boyega sharing that pic might also be to dispel the belief that actors have it easy, like what you were haranguing in the first place?

C'mon, it's one tiny droplet of blood! You should come and see how it is when I do proper work!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, Alex said:

Title confirmed:

Star Wars: Episode One Ex. I like the sound of that. Could the one ex be Rey's former boyfriend, which we'll learn is Ben Solo?

7 hours ago, Richard said:

@Arpy, and @Nick Parker, I hear what both of you are saying, and, to a very large extent, I agree, fully.

It's good and right to feel good about doing a full and satisfying day's work. My question is: why advertise it (complete with photograph), on worldwide media?

There can be only one answer: to publicise the film. 

Many, many people do a great day's work, but don't feel the need to share their activities. They go about their work quietly, and with decorum. 

Yes, I'm cynical. I'm cynical about the apparent need to post these kind of details about one's work. I'm cynical about an organisation that believes that posts such as that will get publicity. Most of all, I'm saddened for the millions of suckers who lap this kind of thing up; who actually get a kick out of seeing a bleeding hand.

I know I'm in the minority (of one, it seems) but it's what I think.

As for "unfriending, and stop bitching"? Hmm. Sorry. Not gonna happen. It's still my right to express my opinions, on matters, as it is yours. I would never want to dictate what anyone posts. The day that that happens, is the day I leave JWfan.

For me, the blood caught my attention far less than the grime on Boyega's hands did -- which implies that he just finished shooting an exciting scene involving more than just a blaster or lightsaber. And where would anyone get the idea from that tweet that he's complaining or looking for sympathy? There was none of that in there, just a lot of excitement vibe.

45 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Anything noteworthy in the last months? How about a name?

Last Jedi's title was revealed late January so people are hoping we'll know what this one's called soon.

One thing I saw that hasn't been mentioned is Adam Driver mentioned this in an interview:

With Star Wars, I had one piece of information of where it was all going, and that’s where it has been in my head for a long time, and things were building towards that.

Mostly various leaks and rumors online. TLJ's title was revealed on January 23, 2017, so it's pretty likely the same will happen this week. Only time will tell, but it's coming soon.

36 minutes ago, John said:

It is highly plausible that we will get our first peek at episode IX sometime this week, either in the form of a teaser trailer or a title drop.

There's a rumor (unconfirmed, of course) that they may drop a teaser for the Super Bowl.  If nothing happens, then I guess it'll happen for the SW Celebration in April.

Rogue One and The Last Jedi had their first teasers in April (conveniently timed to go in front of the springtime Marvel release, which in this case would be Avengers). The theatrical trailers followed in October, 2 months prior to release.  

It’s possible they’ll release something earlier than tradition dictates, since Captain Marvel has a winter release.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a teaser during the Superbowl. Presumably the effects teams have been working on the film for a long while now, even before shooting began. 

I'm convinced there's a VFX intensive planet in the plot that we're not privy to (ala Crait in TLJ, Mustafar in ROTS, whatever the junk world in Solo was). 

Otherwise it's just

Spoiler

another desert planet, another forest planet and another swamp planet (two of which are literally just a park next to Pinewood studios). Surely JJ wouldn't just make ROTJ 2.0 after the criticism he got for TFA?

Then again, maybe the tighter schedule forced their hands. 

I'll be happy if the Wadi Rum location is Korriban. It would be fitting to have the final showdown there, with Kylo seeking out the wisdom of the Sith elders on their origin planet.