Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

What about Darth Vader's castle on Mustafar? I feel like they introduced that location in Rogue One for a reason.

Or maybe, perhaps more in character, he goes to Korriban to destroy the ancient Sith temples? 

15 hours ago, Jay said:

OK but why are you shouting?

I pasted that post from something I wrote on FSM and edited it to be more direct to this issue.  That must be the size it pasted in?

28 minutes ago, John said:

Geez, lighten up. Let people enjoy things.

There are people enjoying this? Why? It's just a post by a minor actor in a movie we know nothing about.

2 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

There are people enjoying this? Why? It's just a post by a minor actor in a movie we know nothing about.

Anthony Daniels was the very first person (droid, rather) to speak in a Star Wars film.

We know as much about the movie as we should at this point. Anything more would be too much, especially for a Star Wars film 11 months away from release

4 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Anthony Daniels was the very first person (droid, rather) to speak in a Star Wars film.

No, that's Liam Neeson: "Captain" :)

3 hours ago, Fabulin said:

...the word "sad" indicates something about seriousness of the film...

Its called "anthropomorphism", and Disney's been doing it since fuck knows. A robot isn't sad, it just is.

At least he didn't post a picture of his bleeding hand.

6 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Precisely. I'm not going to start creaming my jeans for some silly movie that's eleven months away.

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Its called "anthropomorphism", and Disney's been doing it since fuck knows. A robot isn't sad, it just is.

At least he didn't post a picture of his bleeding hand.

Why are you so angry? Who did this to you?

14 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I'm sure he will be hired again for a future SW movie.

He and R2 were the common thread through the 9 movie saga. 

Anthony Daniels has been in every Star Wars film in the Skywalker Saga as C-3PO, as well as the same role in Rogue One. He also played a Wookiee on Kessel in Solo: A Star Wars Story. So he's been in every Star Wars film in some way.

Some here are incapable of understanding what it means to work on something off and on for 42 years let alone even being alive for that long 

@Pieter_Boelen, at least, that's what I heard. They were meant to do promotional tours together, but since they couldn't stand each other, Daniels did them with Mayhew. I saw Daniels and Mayhew on the ROTJ regional tour. I also saw Daniels at Forbidden Planet 2, in London, the day after ROTJ was released.

I remember Alan Tudyk on a late night show (Fallon?) talking about how he and Daniels didn't get along well on the set of Rogue One.

He's an arse around a lot of people, I guess.

Um, Letterboxd just relogged Episode IX as ""Ashes of the Empire."

Dunno what to make of this (a Google and Google News search turned out scratch), but if that's truly the case than its a horrible title.

Its clearly taken from The Force Awakens (like The Last Jedi), where it was either spoken, or written in the opening crawl.

You'd think they'll come up with something more original. It just isn't a good title. Although it still wasn't corroborated yet, so...

EDIT: I think someone in the Letterboxd board jumped the gun based on this article, where that title is a theorized possibility.