Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

A few quotes from JJ Abrams recent press releases:

On working with Billy Dee Williams:

“I’d met him once before and he was such a sweet guy. but I’ve got to tell you, I have such unbelievable respect for him.”

“We had a great time and he was wonderful. Everyone on set — he just had this aura around him, he’s really an incredible man and an incredible actor.”

On Rian Johnson's The Last Jedi and it's effect on IX:

“No, I think that every movie is its own movie."

“Obviously, this is a trilogy, but we brought to that movie all the passion and hard work that we would have no matter what. I think the story speaks for itself.”

On the hope for IX:

“There are a lot of words that we all hope that you feel, and obviously the biggest one is ‘satisfied’.” 

http://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-wars-9-fans-satisfied/#images

And one last remark:

"It was a pretty emotional thing, but the cast and crew did an unbelievable job. I cannot wait for you to see what we got going for you."

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/02/23/star-wars-episode-ix-director-j-j-abrams-cant-wait-for-fan-react/

42 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

“There are a lot of words that we all hope that you feel, and obviously the biggest one is ‘satisfied’.” 

It looks like @Chen G. doesn't need to worry anymore!

43 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

4 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

No, it looks like Mattris doesn't need to worry more!

Mattris:

• 2 weeks later...

He was never on official Episode IX cast lists.  This Variety article was the source of the rumor.  They attributed it to "sources."

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/star-wars-episode-ix-matt-smith-1202886507/

If it's not on StarWars.com, it's not confirmed!  The trades have been wrong before.  I'll always shed a tear for Tatiana Maslany's Jyn Erso.

It's true that he may be in it as a secret for some reason, but why?  They've announced other cast members - the roles are secret, not the actors.

14 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Wait till they announce Harrison Ford.

Yeah as a Force Ghost!!!!

Euh.

🤔

John Williams easter egg in Episode IX rumoured! Spoiler-coded just in case you don't want to see it, not that it's particularly spoilery.

Spoiler

There is a droid factory (small room) there which is an Easter egg heaven – droids on the table reference John William’s scores, there is a Bad Robot, and some original prequel era Battle Droids.

People didn't want to see these new twenty-something people taking the place of beloved characters or fat stormtroopers saluting Hitler. They cheered when an elderly Han Solo said we're home. They wanted Venkman, Ray, Egon and Winston, not those broads.

4 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

The biggest problem with the new trilogy is (and Abrams is the villain here) they get the original stars and we never get to seem them reunite. Thats is a hige disppointment.

That's your uncle Mark Hamill talking.

46 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

The only thing I care about with Ep9, is Williams of course. Absolutely nothing else interests me now about Star Wars.

The only positive thing is that J.J was so honoured to work with Williams that he spent so much time one-on-one with him, letting him really stretch his legs with it. So we can happily expect a similar thing with Ep9. Unlike Rian who just sent him a temp score and said "do it, old man." And didn't seem to care or see the significance of working closely with Williams. Another reason why Johnson is trash.

Johnson probably wanted some MV/RC hack instead!

11 hours ago, Demodex said:

We see Han and Leia together, and Leia and Luke through the Force. The only two that don't reunite is Luke and Han.  

You do not get it do you. We never see the 3 together. It would have been great to have Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, and the droids all in one scene

Just now, Luke Skywalker said:

And lando, poor fella

He comes back and only Chewie and the droids are left

15 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

All eating, drinking and reminiscing about the OT.

Poor Alex and his inability to relate to nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

You do not get it do you. We never see the 3 together. It would have been great to have Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, and the droids all in one scene

Cry me a river. 😭

15 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

The biggest problem with the new trilogy is (and Abrams is the villain here) they get the original stars and we never get to seem them reunite. Thats is a hige disppointment.

I agree.  I recently watched Reunification (TNG).  Spock comparing Picard to Kirk and Data giving a neck pitch are absolute fan-service.  Hell, Spock being there at all is clear fan-service type stuff.  Yet, all of it is fun, entertaining, and watchable, even 20 years later.  A confident writer/director could have made an episode 7 that included such things and still been a great episode analogous to Reunification being a great TNG episode. 

15 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

I guess they only could afford one real star in each film, because so much of the money was reserved for lining Abrams' pockets.

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

A thoroughly ignorant comment with no basis in reality.

Except when Rian said he didn't meet with Williams initially, and instead sent him a temp score to work from. Words from Rian's own mouth.

10 hours ago, Holko said:

Yeah, I don't know who the fuck it was who gave us the only official isolated score of the whole franchise! 

(TPM UE, that misguided mess, was only on CD where it never should have been so doesn't count)

Come on, every one knows Disney did that, not Johnson. It's common sense. Johnson can't even write a script.