Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

I'm not comparing the characters themselves, just explaining how the B&B writers dealt with the actress' death. It worked for the most part, and now they've introduced her sexy young niece as a new character in her namesake.

Well, Conley was being gradually weened off the show during her last four years due to an injury. Her final appearance on the show wasn't all that noteworthy, she was just attending a courtroom session in a trial against Taylor, who ran her daughter Darla over when she was drunk. And finally Conley died a few months after that appearance. Although they didn't kill off her character, they barely mentioned her again, aside from asking "Have you heard from Sally, lately?" then Eric might say "Oh I'm sure she's lapping it up on a beach somewhere".

Well using B&B as a template, release TLJ unaltered, and if Leia survives that story, just make the characters acknowledge that she's still alive elsewhere. And if necessary, hire an actress to stand in as a shemp Leia.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Stefancos said:

Shut up! Rey's special! You'll see!

How old were you again?

Why are you always such a douche?

You come on strong, my friend.  It can be very off-putting still.  But after a while I saw the humanity beneath the ironic veneer.  I'm not trying to insult you, honestly.

How so? I mentioned jokingly in my introduction that I'm a proud "non-Trekkie". Didn't know people would take such offense to that.

I am human! I am! Really I am! I think, I eat!

1 minute ago, JohnSolo said:

And @Stefancos, if you've got a problem with me, we'll deal with it in PM. Don't carry out your grudges in threads that have no relation to Star Trek at all.

JohnSolo. I have no grudge against you. You were the one calling me a douche.

Maybe you should clarify that you're using "ironic hyperbole" next time you bring up my opinion. On an online forum, I can't tell whether you're joking or not, so please clarify what you mean next time.

And if you don't share my opinion, why even bring it up if you risk causing a misunderstanding?

5 minutes ago, JohnSolo said:

Maybe you should clarify that you're using "ironic hyperbole" next time you bring up my opinion. On an online forum, I can't tell whether you're joking or not, so please clarify what you mean next time.

I've been here since 200. You can't expect me to reign myself in everytime we have a new member, Sorry.

I am responsible for what I write, not for how you read it.

6 minutes ago, JohnSolo said:

And if you don't share my opinion, why even bring it up if you risk causing a misunderstanding? Let it be.

Uuummm...because this is a discussion forum. People share opinions and then debate stuff.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Stefancos said:

I've been here since 200. You can't expect me to reign myself in everytime we have a new member, Sorry.

I am responsible for what I write, not for how you read it.

Uuummm...because this is a discussion forum. People share opinions and then debate stuff.

You may have been here since 2000, but I haven't. I don't really know what your online personality is like, nor what you're like IRL, but I'm starting to get an idea.

I personally prefer to know beforehand whether I'm about to get into a discussion or debate, but I'll try not to get into the latter next time I share my opinion.

I bear you no ill will either.

All joking aside, JWFan is not a forum where those distinctions are easily made. Gentle discussions can become heated arguments and go back again quite easily. Topics can completely shift within a few posts and a thread that was about Episode 9 can suddenly be about...I dunno. Forum etiquette?

You just gotta go with the flow and use your judgement whether someone is being serious, sarcastic, or a bit of a dick. I freely admit to being all three. Often within a single post.

This is a now quite old, niche forum where a lot of people know each other for quite a few years. On and off the forum. So they know each others writing styles, tropes and call backs. I understand that for a newbie that can be confusing.