Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

I definitely remember that panel, so this must have been from those early 90s Nintendo Powers.

I recall she eventually does have a wedding to Bowser, although obviously she escapes.

2 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Surely not over Astrid though, right?

Peach's only competition over my affections are these two. Lydia Deetz, Astrid and Tinkerbell aren't far behind.

Image result for panty anarchy gif

Image result for ariel part of your world gif

• 2 weeks later...

These sequel trilogy posters have been so generic and skippable. I liked the limited one Drew Struzan did for TFA and the main theatrical one was okay, but the ones for TLJ were ugly as shit.

The ones for TPM and AOTC bring back a lot of memories. The ROTS one is fine I guess but it has some weird shit like Palpatine looking like that old leper dude from Braveheart and the character heads looking pasted in.

4 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

1. The poster looks very good. 

2. The colour palette reminds a bit of the OT, especially ESB.

3. Who are these guys on the left?

4. Kylo Ren, please do not use the reverse grip on swords with ricassos

3.The Knights of Ren !!! At last !

I think its more likely that he just finds it natural throwing back to the first film in a trilogy. A lot of film trilogies went this route: Indiana Jones, The Dark Knight, the first Star Wars trilogy, etcetra. Forms a sort-of book-ends.

Kind of a boring choice, but a natural one.

5 minutes ago, John said:

I think it’s real. It’s likely a promotional image, not an actual theatrical poster. 

I'm not sure, but maybe. Perhaps its still a work in progress.

8 minutes ago, John said:

I think it’s real. It’s likely a promotional image, not an actual theatrical poster. 

What’s really catching my eye is 3PO with a bowcaster...

It's not a theatrical poster, but a poster for the celebration. The theatrical poster will be different.

2 hours ago, John said:

What’s really catching my eye is 3PO with a bowcaster...

He also has Chewbacca's ammo belt...

About the poster:

- some of it looks quite real, other parts make me question it's source

- C-3PO was rumored to hold a bow caster or weapon of some sort a while back I thought. Should be fun, since the droids of the OT are just background props in this trilogy.

- Knights of Ren, I had always figured JJ Baby would do it

- Kylo Ren needs to learn to hold a lightsaber

- Oscar Isaac will star in an Indiana Jones spinoff confirmed

- *little Ani sees Rey on this poster* "Are you an angel?"

- where's Lando or Leia on the poster?

- BB-8 teams up with a mini white WALL-E?

- Chewbacca, for the millionth time, poses with his headed every so slightly tilted

- anyone notice those oval shaped white spots in the top background? Familiar.

- beside Finn- oh dear. Jar Jar Abrams confirmed.

Lando is wearing the Donald Glover Lando outfit in the character design art.

Rey is wearing Padme's skin-hugging all-white garb from AotC in the character art.

The single character images are real because those are the same costumes they are in wearing in the wrap photo JJ Abrams posted.

The posters are probably real too but not the final artwork, we’ll find out soon.  Star Wars Celebration is in a few weeks. I imagine a trailer will be forthcoming at that time.

9 hours ago, John said:

That's exactly what it is. I wouldn't call it a poster at all. At most, it's a promo banner for celebration.

This kind of stuff pops up all the time VERY early on for films. It's usually the first thing to leak. Stranger Things 3 had something similar recently. And also the Hans Solo film had this type of art leaked early as well. People also thought it was fake. lol.

All I want is a coherent plot that makes sense, isn't filled with plot holes, inaccuracies, poor pacing, and plagiarisms. But that seems like way too much to ask. 

I guess I just have to hope that the script had, at least, more than one draft. 

11 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

All I want is a coherent plot that makes sense, isn't filled with plot holes, inaccuracies, poor pacing, and plagiarisms. But that seems like way too much to ask. 

I guess I just have to hope that the script had, at least, more than one draft. 

Episode IX went through several drafts before Abrams and Terrio came on board. The question is whether they used anything from the drafts Trevorrow, Connolly, and Jack Thorne wrote before.

If there was anything good in those drafts before Abrams came along, they would be wise to keep it.

I've been thinking about that, and to me it seems inevitable that certain elements of Treverro's script will have stuck. It'd be pretty difficult for Abrams to create a perfectly new screenplay from scratch.

Disney blew their load with Star War movies and Iger admitted as much. I only saw Solo because George Lucas was supposedly involved. The only exciting Star War-related thing happening is the opening of the area at Disney Land.