Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

I've never understood why tickets go on sale so far in advance. I mean, two months before release?! Do people actually plan their movie watching so far ahead? Weird.

My showing of TLJ had plenty of seats available on opening day, we bought our tickets the same morning.

Endgame's tickets (and, if I remember correctly, Infinity War's also) went on sale one month before the premiere of those movies. I guess this is probably the norm for Disney these days, specially because they have other huge blockbuster coming out in November, Frozen 2, which is far bigger than Good Dinosaur or Coco.

It's the norm, but at least in my area (5 multiplexes within maybe a 20 mile radius, each with multiple houses showing the movie), it's useless.  Our schedule fluctuates so much that we will buy tickets on arrival, or if we're set in stone, maybe the night before just to make sure we don't get there and find it sold out.

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

I've never understood why tickets go on sale so far in advance. I mean, two months before release?! Do people actually plan their movie watching so far ahead? Weird.

My showing of TLJ had plenty of seats available on opening day, we bought our tickets the same morning.

It probably matters more if you want to see the movie in as premium a theater as possible. For example, where I live in the East Bay, there is only one theater with IMAX screens within 20 minutes' drive of my house, and before a couple years ago, there wasn't any within 30 minutes. Tickets for TFA and TLJ in IMAX sold out on opening night almost right away, if I recall. (More quickly for TFA than TLJ.)

At least that's still better than trying to find an Arby's around here. I'd have to drive to San Jose or the Central Valley or pay $6 to cross the Benicia bridge to get to the closest one in Cordelia. Meanwhile, in the rest of country they seem to be everywhere.

It's just that his obsessive speculating, theorising and 'jabbing' at other forum members to answer his questions don't (to me) equate to a word that means laidback, casual, light 'n' breezy.  

6 hours ago, Arpy said:

Mattris is acting all nonchalant and enlightened, but mark me, he will flip when this film comes out.

And what if the film actually plays along to some of his predictions? I mean, the Emperor is returning in one way or another, and the concept of him possesing other characters within the story - essentially the main tenet of Mattris' theory - isn't something which is necessarily beyond these filmmakers to attempt.

Sounds awful, to be sure. But I'm not entirely certain the filmmakers won't go for it.

19 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

And what if the film actually plays along to some of his predictions? I mean, the Emperor is returning in one way or another, and the concept of him possesing other characters within the story - essentially the main tenet of Mattris' theory - isn't something which is necessarily beyond these filmmakers to attempt.

image.png

51 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Sounds awful, to be sure. But I'm not entirely certain the filmmakers won't go for it.

They need to create something huge this time.  I think they'll go for it.  

I don't think its a good idea. Really, the whole idea of the Emperor surviving corporeally isn't appealing to me, but likewise something about the concept of possession doesn't sit well with me for this series. Its dumb.

I'm not even going to comment about the idea that Rey is to be discovered as a clone of the Emperor. That's beyond idiotic.

8 hours ago, Chen G. said:

So what if he's right? I haven't staked anything in any theory and I don't care one way or another! I haven't exhausted pages of fluff trying to elaborate on a theory. If he's right, he's right. I won't shed a single tear.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Can't wait to watch it on Youtube Tuesday morning!

Nothing will entice me to watch NFL.

It'll be aired during halftime I'm sure, so no need to actually watch the game! (I think/hope)

25 minutes ago, Will said:

It'll be aired during halftime I'm sure, so no need to actually watch the game! (I think/hope)

Correct.

Although most people may not want to watch the game, it’s the Patriot and the Jets. On paper it looks like a mismatch.

Was just gonna point that out lol. And Mark Hamill’s second, yet neither on the poster. Weird.

Maybe part of some old contract stipulation back when they first signed for the trilogy.