Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

• 1 month later...

It was always an act that would've been difficult to follow through. Don't quite know what Johnson was thinking with that, in terms of introducing it into the middle chapter, of all places.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

what an inspired design... it must be a great honor for these Sith troopers to be target practice for Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose... 

If they serve who I think they serve then this is more practical than the alternative.

I'm confused by the term, 'Sith Trooper.' Wasn't Kylo abandoning the old ways of the Jedi and the Sith? Is he under the control of Emperor Palpatine now? Can't believe the film is only 5 months away and we have no idea what the heck the Emperor's involvement in the story is.

But here's hoping we get some glorious choral renditions of the Emperor's Theme, just to close out the saga. Williams' writing for the Emperor in ROTJ was some of his strongest in the entire series.

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'm confused by the term, 'Sith Trooper.' Wasn't Kylo abandoning the old ways of the Jedi and the Sith? Is he under the control of Emperor Palpatine now? Can't believe the film is only 5 months away and we have no idea what the heck the Emperor's involvement in the story is.

But here's hoping we get some glorious choral renditions of the Emperor's Theme, just to close out the saga. Williams' writing for the Emperor in ROTJ was some of his strongest in the entire series.

Of course his line about abandoning the old dichotomy came before his humiliation on Crait, which I have to imagine will be a pivot point for his character.

33 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

I've seen their predictions once; they didn't scare me then. They do now...

But hey, the more bonkers and convoluted the story, the more potential for the score... 

Well, the closest reference to Williams is the shot at 5:37, from his AFI ceremony. Who is the grey-haired bearded guy in the screen behind JJ on the left? The label underneath says JOHN someone, but it looks nothing like Williams.

I generally love RLM's videos but there's a clear bias in this one from the start. Only mentioning Terrio's two worst writing credits (the awful Snyder Batman movies, both of which he shared writing credits with others) and not even mentioning his Oscar-winning screenplay for Argo (written solo). Hardly some talentless hack.

The writing was the least of those films' problems; not even Tony Kushner could save a Zack Snyder film from being an unmitigated pile of shit.

No big deal. Like Captain Phasma in TFA, these are just being overblown. They'll be background characters with barely a few minutes of screentime, just like Phasma, just like Snoke's guards, just like the Emperor's Imperial Guards, etc.

I'd imagine red would make a great colour for targets, making things a little easier for the Resistance - but Kylo Ren probably thought they looked cool.

31 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I'd imagine red would make a great colour for targets, making things a little easier for the Resistance - but Kylo Ren probably thought they looked cool.

That's if they even belong to Kylo Ren in the first place.

2 hours ago, The Original said:

These were a fun novelty years ago but they're just tedious now.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Oh well. At least we'll be getting some info and a trailer for The Mandalorian next month. Anything else IX related can wait until whenever the next trailer drops as far as I'm concerned, which I think normally ends up being October (?). 

4 hours ago, Holko said:

Celebration wasn't enough?

In the end whatever we get will be enough!  Some of the December Star Wars movies have had ComicCon panels though.

I think Last Jedi snubbed Comic Con and waited for Disney’s D23 thing instead. They usually show off a behind the scenes montage at one or the other so that’ll probably happen again.

If the production team on TROS is as harried as we’re led to believe, I’m sure they’re happy to have another month before debuting more teaser material!

Fortunately, JJ surely has Disney’s top men, women and legal minor interns on the case and we’ll never see evidence of the rushed schedule in the finished film. 👍🏻