Great Video Game Composers And Their Disinterest In Film

Dixon Hill

On the topic of this thread I have to say that Wintory is constantly rising in my eyes as one of the most talented younger generation composers out there. Someone needs to bring some of his class to films. Meanwhile I am enjoying his classy video game work.

:music:Abzû

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

It has begun.  The milennials are here.  First this score is "on fleek", next John Williams will be called "the GOAT", then someone will splurge on an expensive box set yelling "YOLO", then the first sample of Episode 8 will make someone say its "Turnt Up"

There's no turning back now!

What are you talking about?

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh, hmm, you're probably right.

They're called Generation Z or iGeneration apparently.

I'm not sure which group I belong to.

I threw it on wondering what kind of reaction I'd get. I wasn't even sure people would have heard it before. Anyone that I know who uses it in Ireland does so in an ironic manner. But I'm sorry to have ruined JWFan forever. ? Totes soz. 

Just now, Disco Stu said:

"I'm a hip old granny who can hip-hop, bebop, dance til ya drop and yo yo, make a wicked cup of cocoa."

- Incanus, 2016

And you can tell them I said so!

Oh such prose would not pose a trouble for a geezer who can double word count on an essay every which way on any day. Yay? That's some Mrs. Doubtfire-ish level of hipness right there. :P

And yes I know I have a snowflake's chance in hell of writing such an essay. I am not in touch with the modern youth culture, let alone language. It would be a totes disaster.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

It has begun.  The milennials are here.  First this score is "on fleek", next John Williams will be called "the GOAT", then someone will splurge on an expensive box set yelling "YOLO", then the first sample of Episode 8 will make someone say its "Turnt Up"

you know, you're not wrong.

on the video of Fantastic Beast's main theme there's a really upvoted comment simply saying:

"This score is lit"

On 8/31/2016 at 0:06 PM, petaQ said:

How sensitive. Linking to the name change thread is a better use of your time? 

:lol:

8 hours ago, Jay said:

ROTFLMAO

I'll have to remember to say that when the Episode 8 samples come out. 

2 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

you know, you're not wrong.

on the video of Fantastic Beast's main theme there's a really upvoted comment simply saying:

"This score is lit"

ROTFLMAO

Well, that cue is lit, okay? :lol:

8 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Those references make me think more of the current crop of teenagers, whatever that generation's called, not millennials.

Yes, "lit" is a common word at my high school, and "fleek" was apparently in constant use in my younger sister's grade last year. Can't see any "real" millennials saying that. 

whatever that generation's called

We prefer to be called the "most lit generation." ;)

Guys "lit" no longer means "really drunk," at least at my school. It basically means "awesome." I wasn't saying we are the most drunk generation (although this could be the case; I've certainly never tried alcohol or any other bad drugs). :lol:

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

You've only tried the good stuff?

Oh, come on. :lol: 

I added "bad" because of course I, like everyone else, have taken standard, safe medical drugs. But I have not tried pot, alcohol, etc.

14 hours ago, Will said:

Oh, come on. :lol: 

I added "bad" because of course I, like everyone else, have taken standard, safe medical drugs. But I have not tried pot, alcohol, etc.

Both alcohol and pot have been studied and shown to have health benefits and applications in medical science!