Sign in to follow this  
Indianagirl

Hi

Good, we can always use one more Indy fan. :)

Tell us a bit more about yourself.

I'm a pretty simple girl. I couldn't read a bar of music if I tried. But I'm a big fan of John Williams music and a few others like him. I thought this would be a good place to learn more about him, his music, and keep up to date with new works coming out. Through my late older brother I know quite a lot about film composers and their works but very little about the technical aspects to music. I've been skimming this site and know that some of you do. I'm just a fan who'd like to learn a little more about the art of film scores.

I'm a pretty simple girl. I couldn't read a bar of music if I tried. But I'm a big fan of John Williams music and a few others like him. I thought this would be a good place to learn more about him, his music, and keep up to date with new works coming out. Through my late older brother I know quite a lot about film composers and their works but very little about the technical aspects to music. I've been skimming this site and know that some of you do. I'm just a fan who'd like to learn a little more about the art of film scores.

Sadly there has been an increase in "amateur composers/musicians" but at this point they are still easily ignored.

Sadly there has been an increase in "amateur composers" but at this point they are still easily ignored.

An absurd and offensive comment. If she's come here to learn more about the art of film scores and their technical aspects, she won't want to ignore the composers. Besides, some people here are a good deal more than amateurs. Do try to have some respect.

To Indianagirl - welcome!

Welcome aboard!

JWFan's been a sausage party for too long, so it's a relief to have a female poster. Don't let the freaks scare you off.

And it's these types of posts that scare em off. Surprised we lasted 6 posts before her gender was brought up.

I still read posts here. I just haven't had anything interesting to say. My last few posts I regretted making after I made them.

I know the feeling... just stick around... I used to stay in the background too in the beginning... it gets fun after a while... even posting utter nonsense can be picked up on by certain people.

If I stopped posting after every post I regretted, JWFan would probably be a better forum.

But sometimes you have to listen to your inner demons, IndianaGirl. Sometimes you have to make posts you'll regret!

If I stopped posting after every post I regretted, JWFan would probably be a boring forum.

But sometimes you have to listen to your inner demons, IndianaGirl. Sometimes you have to make posts you'll regret!

There was just one minor flaw, and I took the liberty to fix it. ;)

No regrets here. We all do and say things in the spur of the moment. But posting it makes it last for everyone to see until the internet shuts down.

We know that.

You aren't any different!

I know that.

Am I any different?