Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona 2018)

Matt C

The idea of a Velazquez score is tantalizing indeed (if he could steer away from the "RC tropes" he'd done lately, and return to his more musical roots), but alas there's no way we will know now. :(

Since we don't have a standard Jurassic Park thread I suppose this one is the most fitting to post this. I recently had a interview with one of the concept artists who worked on the original Jurassic Park. You can check it out below, and it includes exclusive first looks at artwork never before seen:

• 1 month later...

So many attacks in a single trailer also is not a positive sign. Missing the time when a glass with water vibrating was the sufficent.

At least Claire is wearing boots! 

Looks like they discarded the things that were ok in Jurassic World, and focused on the stuff that was total horseshit. 

Will there be more invisible dinosaurs?

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I thought some of the close up jaw shots could be pretty thrilling. Looks redundant overall, though. 

Looks like a compilation of deleted scenes from Jurassic World.

I agree. The plot looks inane. They're turning this into a cross between KING KONG and ALIEN 3 now?

But -- as expected -- the photography looks stunning.

I trust Bayona. He's a fantastic director and his work thus far has really impressed me.

Don't hold any hope for another Giacchino score though. His JW score was mediocrity epitomised.

The Super Bowl spot looks slightly more interesting than the first trailer, and that's maybe the only positive thing I have to say about it!

(and this is coming from me, who really enjoyed Jurassic World)

I enjoyed Jurassic World as well, but just can't get into this sequel at all - both the earlier teaser and the superbowl spot really left me cold, I just don't like the LOOK of any of the shots,nor what the plot seems to be based on what little we've seen.  

9 hours ago, Jay said:

I enjoyed Jurassic World as well, but just can't get into this sequel at all - both the earlier teaser and the superbowl spot really left me cold, I just don't like the LOOK of any of the shots,nor what the plot seems to be based on what little we've seen.  

While I do agree with your opinion, were the trailers for JW any different in that respect?

Karol

I couldn't tell you, I have no memory of what JW's trailers were like

This isn't really a franchise I care about much (anymore)

I like the progression from Indominous (which I assume I didn't spell right) to the physically smaller threat that is Indoraptor, which is apparently going to be worse. 

That is to say, the sequel featuring a physically smaller but overall deadlier threat reminds me of...

I kind of get what they're going for with Fallen Kingdom, but I think the trailers have basically muddied this a lot. I'm really hoping it's not a bad film, because while Jurassic World wasn't the best film ever, it was an entertaining ride and it did have a good setup for expanding on the theme of the morality of genetic manipulation.

12 hours ago, Philippe Roaché said:

What about Wild Things 2?

Tremors 2 is better

10 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

That would be a sarcastic insult under any other circumstances, but that label sincerely applies to Tremors 2.

Though I'll assume you were being sarcastic anyway, just to be safe.

Koray wasn't being sarcastic and I wasn't either; Tremors 2 is good!

4 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

What is the awfulness in these trailers that everyone else is seeing that I'm not seeing?

I don't think you really want to read people's answers to that. I sure as heck don't. 

Relieved to see Tremors 2 fans! 

49 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I don't think you really want to read people's answers to that. I sure as heck don't. 

Yep, I already opened that Pandora's Box after trailer 1.

@Denise Bryson @crumbs Every time I open this thread and your exchange pops up at the top, I have a good chuckle!

ROTFLMAO

This reminds me of the online skits the Muppets did around the time Jason Segal's Muppet fanfic/Muppets Most Wanted were coming out. 
Seeing as how the Muppets aren't doing anything worthwhile nowadays, I'd be perfectly okay with Claire as the comically exasperated host of a dinosaur variety show. With Ian Malcom as Gonzo (since he's into chaos and all). 

Just saw the trailers for the new Tomb Raider and Jurassic World in cinema. Tomb Raider actually looked better, which is disturbing to say the least!

Somebody please replace the composer on that film though. The film actually looks properly bright.

Why would you pair "Modern Movie Syndrome: The Composer" with that?!? :eh:

Anyway, I'm still hoping for a fun adventure with Jurassic World 2 as well.

They've got dinosaurs and Williams themes to play with. How bad can it be? :lol:

Well...... I saw the latest trailer. It was SHIT. No whatsoever  interest in this movie after this SHIT of a trailer. Same SHIT products the Hollywood is pitting out last year... 

Because it uses CGI! CGI is evil! And the plot is so illogical! And as we all know, the Jurassic Park films have always followed logic. 

In seriousness, I'd rather not go there. It is lonely that I'm supposedly the only one here who adored the last one and is giddy for this one, but what the hey, having only one film I'm excited for this year means I save money!

For me, it’s not anything tangible.  I really liked all four Jurassic movies thus far including JW, but for some reason this looks real bad to me.  Maybe it’s the awful trailer music.  I’m not really invested in the Owen/Blue relationship that the trailers are playing up (in the sense that a raptor rushing in to save the day/protect a human is silly).

im hoping I’m wrong because I love dumb dinosaur adventures. The trailers just leave me cold.