Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona 2018)

Matt C

You know, I actually wrote on a "basic story level", which makes more sense, but ha. In the case of FK, the script wasn't good at all, but there were some legit thrilling sequences and I had a good time in the theater, that it didn't bother me as much, so I was more forgiving of its flaws. 

11 hours ago, Datameister said:

Too true.

A friend invited me to go see Fallen Kingdom the other night. I hadn't been planning on it, so I'd read plenty of scathing reviews with lots of spoilers, but I decided to go for it anyway. And...I actually enjoyed it! It's a dumb flick, but it's a good time. I can't offer any more sophisticated praise than that, but I left with a smile on my face.

Exactly. I have no idea what film the people savaging it were expecting, but it's a fucking Jurassic Park movie, not Citizen Kane. I went in with similarly low expectations after hearing all the mixed reviews and was pleasantly entertained. 

I guess like me, they were expecting a good film, although what little faith I had, I didn't expect much after how bad the last one was...

• 2 months later...

Yeah, but whereas InGen took several dinos back to California to make a domestic Jurassic Park, some asshole in this film decided to sell them off to all kinds of black market dealers, warlords and other stereotypes. 

At the end of TLW, Malcolm and Sarah lure the T-Rex back to the boat to tranquilize it and end the rampage. In Fallen Kingdom, they release the dinos into the country - several large carnivores, a T-Rex, and a fucking velociraptor! 

The Lost World seems like the only logical sequel idea, probably thanks in part to Crichton's involvement, no less. There was a corporate plot, yes, but nothing as ridiculous as wanting to train raptors to be used as weapons, or selling the dinos off in some auction in a mansion.

21 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Random thought- The Lost World Theme reminds me of Alliance Assembly from RotJ.

The lost world theme? Nope.

"The stegosaurus" track? Yes, definitely

9 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

The lost world theme? Nope.

"The stegosaurus" track? Yes, definitely

The Stegosaurus is a track in TLW score, isn't it? 

44 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Yes...but it is not the main theme ..

Jerry was talking about the resemblance of Alliance Assembly from RotJ to the main TLW theme, The Stegosaurus is going to bear closer resemblance because it's part of TLW score, they share similar DNA. So I don't see how it's worth a comparison...

I meant that the stegosaurus cue is much more similar to alliance assembly, melody, structure, tempo .... (I noticed it when I first heard it) than the lost world theme, I would never have thought of the comparison of the latter with alliance assembly....