Favorite short musical moments in Williams scores?

Balahkay

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Damien F said:

At 2:50 of The Motorcade when the evocative rendition of the main theme enters amongst a cacophony of snares and other intense orchestral sounds.

best moment in the score for me.

so powerful. the bagpipes at 3:05!

5 hours ago, Bellosh said:

best moment in the score for me.

so powerful. the bagpipes at 3:05!

I could be wrong but I always assumed they were Irish Uilleann bagpipes which would be JW hinting at Kennedy's Irish heritage. I can't really tell the difference between Irish pipes and Scottish ones though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just mentioned this cue on the other thread and now I had to listen to it again. The movie is a beloved childhood favorite and that scene always made me emotional when I was a kid due to JW's magnificent music.

It's criminal that he left such a wonderful cue out of the OST. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

Absolutely ADORE this little bit with the wah-wah brass

Yeah, it sound like some Cotton Club Duke Ellington, or Cab Calloway. A different feel from the Benny Goodman Cantina Band.

11 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Has this breathtakingly impactful moment been discussed yet? I'm talking about the devastating piano at 4:20, but you really need to watch the whole buildup to that moment to get the proper impact. I was watching A.I. on Paramount+ and that moment hits like a gut punch.

One of my favorite musical moments from the score. So dark and powerful.

• 1 month later...

One very special moment everybody knows but I think no one mentioned: the few seconds of music, less than thirty for sure, just before the Death Star explodes in Star Wars. What is it? 49 or 50 times the same note with brass written like percussions. Amazing!

I haven't gotten to read all of this topic, but something for me, the answer is complicated.

I'm not sure WHY I like this so much, but to me it just is a beautiful snippet of music.  In Hymn to the fallen, this small snippet flutters away, but it is beautiful.

image.png