The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

The only obvious concert suite appears to be Rey's Theme. She seems to have plenty of content early in the OST (makes sense if the film has a lengthy prelude following her around on Jakku).

Conversely, Finn appears to only have one track about him, likewise Snoke and Kylo Ren. Given that most of these tracks seem like a fairly linear representation of the movie, what makes up the mystery 30 minutes of unused music that JJ said would feature on the OST?

The only obvious concert suite appears to be Rey's Theme. She seems to have plenty of content early in the OST (makes sense if the film has a lengthy prelude following her around on Jakku).

Conversely, Finn appears to only have one track about him, likewise Snoke and Kylo Ren. Given that most of these tracks seem like a fairly linear representation of the movie, what makes up the mystery 30 minutes of unused music that JJ said would feature on the OST?

Alternatives, rewrites, more concert suites possibly. Maybe re-recordings of previous themes. Maybe even something like the Children's Suite he did for HP

Maybe the extremely tight turnaround prevented him from creating his usual album presentation, complete with microedits? That reads as the kind of tracklist the 3 prequels should've had, had he not combined and edited together so many cues on the OST.

What I do find believable is Attack on the Jakku Village being combined with Main Title, leaving the actual opening sequence music unreleased; he did the same thing with the AOTC OST. It makes sense to start the album with that cue if the next action track isn't until track 7, The Falcon.

Only the AOTC ost? Neither TPM. Really, no star wars OST album has contained just the main title + first cue in their final film version.

Attack on the jakku village? too much.

"Attack on the village" or "attack on jakku" more likely.

So, this track list, if real, might still be changed a bit, so we now know the names of some future unreleased tracks, like it happened in the past with I am the Senate and Picking Pockets

I'm pretty confident the film opens with Finn deserting the Star Destroyer and crashing on Jakku. Happy to be surprised though.

So, this track list, if real, might still be changed a bit, so we now know the names of some future unreleased tracks, like it happened in the past with I am the Senate and Picking Pockets

Maybe this is actually the complete cue list for the film and the final OST will only have half these tracks.

If they can replace the Emperor in ESB and Vader in ROTJ, they can replace Han and Leia's Theme with Across the Stars. It's only logical.

Really, JW was being pretty short sighted in 1980, wasn't he?

Why no track list at Amazon.com and Disney Emporium?

I could be wrong but isn't that how it normally goes? Isn't the U.S. Amazon website typically one of the later ones to actually put up the track titles? Plus it is Thanksgiving there so a delay in the updating the website with tracks should be expected.

Really, JW was being pretty short sighted in 1980, wasn't he?

That does seem to be when he started depending on his glasses more, yes.

The accent in "thème" reveals that the list was typed by the person working at Amazon France. Amazon Italy just copy-pasted it.

Here's the capitalized version:

01. Main Title and the Attack on the Jakku Village
02. The Scavenger
03. I Can Fly Anything
04. Rey Meets BB-8
05. Follow Me
06. Rey’s Theme
07. The Falcon
08. That Girl with the Staff
09. The Rathtars!
10. Finn’s Confession
11. Maz’s Counsel
12. The Starkiller
13. Kylo Ren Arrives at The Battle
14. The Abduction
15. Han and Leia
16. March of the Resistance
17. Snoke
18. On the Inside
19. Torn Apart
20. The Ways of the Force
21. Scherzo for X-wings
22. Farewell and the Trip
23. The Jedi Steps and Finale

It depends. The attack on the Jaaku village referred to in the title could very well be the one taking place at night that we see in a few trailers (not the one where we see Finn and Rey running away) and could very well open the film.

The attack on jakku village will happen like 15-20 minutes into the film. Lot's of things have to happen before that.

First of all im sure that the film will open with a star destroyer in space. like all the films in the OT.

The attack on jakku village will happen like 15-20 minutes into the film. Lot's of things have to happen before that.

It could be referring to the aerial bombardment of the village we see Rey and Finn escaping from in the 15-second clip, or it could be referring to the attack that occurs at the beginning of the film where they torch the village!

That's where Poe and BB-8 go to retrieve Luke's lightsaber, First Order attacks, flamethrower troopers, BB-8 escapes, Poe is captured, yada yada yada...

As an OST fan, the sheer number of tracks worries me. Will there be a lot of short tracks like 1 or 2 minutes in length? That usually sucks. I was hoping for longer suites.

Considering the final track is probably about 8-10 minutes (standard over the last 4 or 5 years for Williams), the rest of the soundtrack must be comprised of fairly short tracks. 3 minutes each track comes to a 75 minute album.

The tracklist is out (yes, for real)!

1. Main Title and the Attack on the Jakku Village

2. The Scavenger

3. I Can Fly Anything

4. Rey Meets BB-8

5. Follow Me

6. Rey's Theme

7. The Falcon

8. That Girl with the Staff

9. The Rathtars!

10. Finn's Confession

11. Maz's Counsel

12. The Starkiller

13. Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle

14. The Abduction

15. Han and Leia

16. March of the Resistance

17. Snoke

18. On the Inside

19. Torn Apart

20. The Ways of the Force

21. Scherzo for X-Wings

22. Farewell and the Trip

23. The Jedi Steps and Finale

http://www.amazon.fr/Star-Wars-7-Bande-Originale/dp/B014V6JIQK/

Cool! Although some of those track titles are a bit ... odd. Nonetheless, this track list makes me even more excited for December 18.