The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I have the recording sessions, if anyone is interested.

I saw users at the place that rhymes with Pinal Pantasy Prine discussing how some user at JWFan had the leaked recording sessions. LOL

I have the recording sessions, if anyone is interested.

I saw users at the place that rhymes with Pinal Pantasy Prine discussing how some user at JWFan had the leaked recording sessions. LOL

So, I should be expecting a lot of PMs in days to come, then?

Now to the musically literate on this forum, can you hear on what tracks JW is conducting and on what tracks Ross is conducting.

Because I can't, and I doubt it's actually possible to discern the difference.

You are absolutely right. We won't know until more information comes out. I don't know if the OST booklet says something about this, or is just what Karol posted.

I doubt the booklet will specify more, or that any info about who conducted what will be released in an official capacity any time soon. maybe 10 years from now, in a Mike Mattesino produced complete score release!

Oh, no. I feared this could happen.

Who wants a picture booklet in a day when you can easily access to thousands of pictures through the internet? I don't mind for some pretty ones, but a full booklet of them in such an anticipated score is really a waste.

I still cannot wait to have it in my hands! Although I really don't know when that will be.

I work in the biggest record store in Madrid (Fnac Callao) and tonight, the soundtrack arrived. Sorry because I have not pics of it, but I had the three different editions in my hands. They are almost the same... The back cover is BLACK, with NOTHING in it: without the titles of the tracks, only the "space" with a couple of stars and the Disney logo. Funny that the spanish version has all the letters in spanish. The special edition is a digipack (and it is 2 euros more expensive than the regular one: 17,99 and 15,99). And the deluxe edition is a fraud: the same as the special, but with a special cover and 2 cards, and it cost 22,99! 5 more euros! The booklet change the cover and the back, but the same number of pages.

I didn´t read the JJ text, and the credits neither. But in the tracklist it credits with an asterisk that the Main Titles, The March of the Resistence and the End Credits are conducted by Gustavo dudamel (I think it says guest conductor).

Just read JJ's note in the booklet. Wow, it's really gushing. More so than anything he's ever written about Giacchino.

Just read JJ's note in the booklet. Wow, it's really gushing. More so than anything he's ever written about Giacchino.

Yeah. Johnny must have felt his cheeks burning when reading that. :P

Are there analysis-type liner notes or just the JJ bit?

Just that note. At least in the standard booklet.

Karol

The Deluxe Edition supposedly has more pages, but I'd bet its just pictures and no useful information.

Ross has proved to be an excellent conductor of Williams' music anyway. COS performance was top notch.

Karol

It's never even slightly in the back of my mind when I listen to it that Williams was never on the podium for COS. It's a hell of a performance.

Well, it has actually started!

lol

Sucks to be you!

Karol, what image is shown on the reverse of the back cover, IE under the CD when you take the CD out?

post-24629-0-86931400-1450404745.jpg

The Australian version is only the standard, so no special or delux available, no digipack and (worse) nothing embossed :blink:

Nope, it was Tuesday night.

~

Wow! Just got home from seeing the movie, and the package from Amazon with the OST was here!

So Amazon delivered it a day early... What would Disney say about that!?

Well, it is indeed a freaking digipak, not the cool jewel case version Karol got in the UK. Bummer.

The back cover has no track titles at all, just the starfield, like the jewel case version. Such a silly precautionary measure. The trailers for this film gave away way more than the soundtrack titles do!

Not sure if this was posted, but Amazon has a pre-order page for a vinyl edition. No release date, though.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Soundtrack/dp/B0195LM49O/ref=sr_1_1_twi_mus_1_twi_lp__2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1450411194&sr=1-1&keywords=force+awakens