The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I checked HMV today and didn't see it. Is the OFFICIAL release date tomorrow?

Yes.

Hence why I was confused why Amazon sent it to me today.

They still sell CD's in the store in Spain?

Yeah, luckily, since I work selling music and movies :P. Doesn´t in Holland??

Yea, I almost want to return it and get a jewel case version from Amazon UK instead.

The funny thing is that in Spain (and I thin in the rest of Europe), the digipack is 2 euros more expensive than the jewel one...

And the booklet of the deluxe edition has the same number of pages than the normal one, only changes the front and back covers (a pic of Kylo Ren and the Logo of the New Order, I think).

yeah, I was thinking the same

just a few years ago that was official piracy...I wonder what's happening

is because most people have a streaming service they pay for anyways?

So maybe JWFan doesn't need to spend 15 years freaking about new SW music this time ;)

I wonder how this helps Disney music make money.

Guys, Disney makes money on this. Youtube puts ads in front of the videos, Disney and Vevo gets a cut of the ad revenue.

Of course, if you use an ad blocker you never seen youtube ads, but there's still plenty of people who don't use ad blockers out there (for some reason)

Just a heads-up...

The Force Awakens OST is now available on HD Tracks in 96kHz/24bit & 192kHz/24bit (downloadable in various file formats; use code HDDEC18 for 20% off orders of $50).

Also, the Target Exclusive edition CD (with a different cover and 2 collectible cards) is on sale now for $9.99 and can be shipped or purchased in-store.

I am shocked. Is this a first?

I mean seriously how on earth will soundtracks in future sell?

They won't sell them. They'll just put them on Youtube. No CD release. No digital download. Just put it on Youtube. It's much cheaper, and the company still gets money out of it!

Am I the only one who heard a quote of "Across The Stars" in "Finn's Confession"? Wondering if that particular part was coincidence (Williams can't be referencing two Prequel scores in a single cue, surely?)

The CD has not been released here as far as I know. Some sites say it will be out on 21st. The CD store I ordered said their supplier didn't get the album so they could not deliver it on the release date.

Scandinavian online retailer sports a Retailer exclusive digipack with a different cover:

star_wars_the_force_awakens_-_retail_exl

It's nearly 30 euros and with that you get the earlier mentioned:

Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs

Picked up my copy! :) Had planned to purchase the standard edition, but in the store decided to go for the deluxe package. I figured it's worth 5 if I can help send a signal that releasing a JW-album in a deluxe package is actually a GOOD business strategy.

Maybe next time it'll even have an extra disc of goodies!

I am shocked. Is this a first?

I mean seriously how on earth will soundtracks in future sell?

Is this an unprecedented step?

It's no different than streaming on other streaming services. Pay to play. Record companies prefer it this way, because artist royalties are less. They take home almost the entire profit from ad revenues.

No, you've just sent a signal that you'll actually fork out an extra 5 for embossing...

Well, um.... that too, I guess, but that wasn't the point, really.... The point was to, you know.... I still think it was the... eh, right thing to do because.... errr.... DAMNIT, you try to do the right thing in this world and there's always a downside!

Anyway, I'm sticking to my guns and saying that I personally should be thanked for any future deluxe releases! :pfft:

Scandinavian online retailer sports a Retailer exclusive digipack with a different cover:

star_wars_the_force_awakens_-_retail_exl

It's nearly 30 euros and with that you get the earlier mentioned:

Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs

That's the one I saw at HMV today.

Karol

Not sure where to put it. Or perhaps it was already posted somewhere.

But it made me chuckle.

Karol

There's also 7digital.

I grabbed it from Pono, though that was before I saw ProStudioMasters had the better price. I really hate the software these companies make you use to download your music, but whatever, I can use whichever cover I want and I don't have to deal with a stupid digipak!

Too bad they didn't take the opportunity to reissue the old scores in high res as well. I had thought they might based on the blu spec CDs they released in Japan. Oh well, maybe they'll have better (Matession-ish even!) masters by the time they get around to it. Think of it! Complete, chronological, perfect sound from the best elements, high res files in both stereo and surround and comprehensive liner notes to match! If any series of scores deserves it...

Guys, Disney makes money on this. Youtube puts ads in front of the videos, Disney and Vevo gets a cut of the ad revenue.

I think that's a smart move from Disney, considering the album would be on YouTube anyway.