The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Thanks for the 192khz, 24 bit High Def audio links from me as well! The CD will eventually get to me (or eventually find in a store). The anti-spoiler measures for this film go beyond anything ever seen before. Can't even get the soundtrack a day after I saw the film?! Beyond secrecy!

I went with ProStudio Masters. Downloading now.

24 page booklet

These 24 pages have not yet been verified I think. Bol.com lowered the amount back to 16 pages for instance, for the deluxe.

Are you sure? I've bought the Deluxe Edition today at Media Markt and the booklet has 24 pages. It would be very strange if they've made a special edition for Bol.com with just 16 pages.

Pictures of the Deluxe Edition:

Wait, that's the deluxe edition? Isn't that just the standard edition in digipack form? Because that's the one I have, and that was the cheapest version, so I assume it's the standard one. Doesn't have any collectible cards or anything like that.

This should be the Deluxe Edition. It's the only version available at this time in The Netherlands. The standard version is cheaper, but is not available until January 29, 2016. And no it has no collectible cards or anything.

Force Awakens is available in 192khz 24bit from HDtracks ($22) and Pono ($20)

How does this compare with streaming services from Deezer/ Spotify?

24 page booklet

These 24 pages have not yet been verified I think. Bol.com lowered the amount back to 16 pages for instance, for the deluxe.

Are you sure? I've bought the Deluxe Edition today at Media Markt and the booklet has 24 pages. It would be very strange if they've made a special edition for Bol.com with just 16 pages.

What's in the additional 8 pages then?

24 page booklet

What's in the additional 8 pages then?

I don't know. Bol.com says the booklet is 16 pages, but the CD I've bought at Media Markt has 24 pages. 1 page with the tracklist, 2 pages with notes by J.J. Abrams, 1 page with credits and 20 pages with photos. Maybe the information on Bol.com isn't correct.

Not sure if these have been posted yet. I haven't actually gotten to watch these in full so they may all contain the same content, but I found these 4 videos that appear to contain TFA recording session footage on Twitter (looks like my attempt to fully embed the tweets didn't work so you'll have to click on the links at the end of the tweets):

Never mind, looks like the embeds did work.

Also...

Kinda funny that two of the vids contain sections of the score that Dudamel was credited for conducting (Main Title, March of the Resistance)

Yeah... And Abrams had spoken in interviews about how great it was to watch Williams conduct the Main and End Titles, even though on the album Dudamel is credited for conducting those cues. Probably Williams conducted the pieces a couple times to show the orchestra and Dudamel how he wanted it, and then Dudamel conducted the final versions.

2 hours ago, Drax said:

There's more music encoded in the emboss hologram.

:lol:

On 20.12.2015 at 10:49 PM, Faleel said:

Picture of the Target version, I don't think pictures of this version have been posted?

CWo7Of_UEAAdlQ0.jpg

https://twitter.com/DavidWCollins/status/678419825450835969

Man, that's a cool cover!

The cover pic of the regular versions (standard and deluxe) is somewhat lacking, I thought. Although that's really a very minor and trivial complaint!

On 17.12.2015 at 2:21 PM, Jay said:

Wait it comes in a jewel case in the UK?

I think in the US even the standard is a digipak!

Yup!

I saw both versions, and I was told by the clerk (who had a puzzled sort of smile on his face) that the only difference between the deluxe version and the standard version is the packaging. 

So, in the US, both versions are the same, and the only difference between the deluxe and standard is the price? :blink::lol:

It goes like this:

JEWEL CASE VERSION

US: Not available at all

International: Available everywhere

DIGIPAK VERSION (aka Standard Version)

US: Available everywhere

DELUXE VERSION (aka another digipak but with a bigger booklet

US: Available exclusively at Target

What 4 pages? :blink:

I bought my version in Germany (the deluxe version, in other words the digipak) and it's got a booklet with 24 pages like just like the European standard version.

Deluxe version: 19.99 Euro

Standard version: 13.99 Euro.

We don't even HAVE a version with a four-page booklet!

Where does it say that a version has only a 4-page booklet?

But I compared the two versions myself in the store! The booklets were the same in the standard jewel edition and the digipack deluxe edition!

Unless they have a special edition of the standard edition? Nothing would surprise me anymore. :lol:

I saw it!

And I'm telling you (unless I am completely mistaken and they have yet another version in different EU countries), that's the same 24-page booklet (with 20 pages of pictures) and Karol just posted pics of the 3 pages that have the tracklist and the liner notes!

Just got my CD today! Yay! Yes there are 20 pages of pictures and 2 pages J.J.'s gush note of the century,  track list on one page and a page of credits.

10 minutes ago, Incanus said:

2 pages J.J.'s gush note of the century

Yeah, it was almost cringe-worthy! LOL

And I always thought Spielberg and Lucas were gushing!