The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

"Yeah, we just finished scoring. It's obvious what I'm going to say, right? It's incredible; it's [composer] John Williams. It matches the tone of the film and what the fans expect. We'll release the soundtrack with the movie, day-and-date. That's where the [new Friday] global street date is nice, because you don't want any of the [song] titles to be spoilers for the movie."

Well, that is, of course, until they publish the track listing, which will certainly be before the release date.

I think we all would be irritated if that happened. What puzzles me is why people are angry now when it has not happened and in the highest of probabilities will not happen.

With the busy recording schedule of this movie it should be no surprise to anyone that we're only get a one disc release. I can't imagine we won't get a larger release within the next year, expanded or complete.

I still want a documentary/featurette about the score. Interviews, scoring session footage etc. Preferably with it ending with JW playing BB8s theme on the piano with JJ next to him as the credits role

I can't imagine we won't get a larger release within the next year, expanded or complete.

I'm not so sure anymore. I now foresee dialogue and sound effects versions like those 90s James Horner CDs.

I can't imagine we won't get a larger release within the next year, expanded or complete.

I'm not so sure anymore. I now foresee dialogue and sound effects versions like those 90s James Horner CDs.

I know, i'm going to be beyond unhappy if this happens.

I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit

I would have said that too, until the complete score releases of Tintin and War Horse in 2012

Maybe I don't want to disable my FFShrine account after all... ;)

Because that community is great to vent to

You wouldn't go there if you knew the person who was running it.

You?

I know you're making a joke here but if you did a Google search, you'd find the person running that site is the lowest form of scum you'll ever come across. So pardon my outright level of offense to your flippant ignorance.

Maybe I don't want to disable my FFShrine account after all... ;)

Because that community is great to vent to

You wouldn't go there if you knew the person who was running it.

You?

I know you're making a joke here but if you did a Google search, you'd find the person running that site is the lowest form of scum you'll ever come across. So pardon my outright level of offense to your flippant ignorance.

Wait... so it's not you?

*edit* Ok, I read up about her, pretty gross and weird

I'm guessing one reason we aren't getting varying tracklists is that Williams simply doesn't have enough time to compile more than a single disc OST.

The master probably needs to be locked about 2 or 3 weeks from the release date and he probably wanted to wait until all the sessions were done and all the music mixed before putting together the soundtrack.

Combined with what appears to be an extensive amount of alternates and revised cues, it's probably one of his more difficult OST assemblies, so given the tight deadline it starts to make sense.

"In other news, reporter Brent Simon reveals that thirty minutes of music recorded by John Williams but not used in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," will still be released."

"Among other bits from #TheForceAwakens chat, J.J. Abrams says there's 30m of extra John Williams music not in movie that will be released."

https://twitter.com/SharedDarkness/status/668818844765454340

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/there-were-too-many-nods-to-the-wrath-of-khan-jj-abrams-admits-flaws-of-star-trek-into-darkness-20151123

Let the speculation begin!

30 minutes of music that was rescored?

30 minutes of music for scenes that were deleted?

30 minutes of music that were simply rejected?

30 minutes specifically recorded for the OST?

30 minutes you'll wish were comprised of unreleased music?

That "extra" bit is very determining.

It either means we'll get bonus tracks online or on the CD, or that part of the CD's main program will feature 30 minutes of music not in the final version of the film.

It seems highly unlikely to me that 30 minutes of the main program would be unused material, though.

Hopefully that means additional to the CD - maybe Williams had more fun than usual with concert pieces and wanted to release them all.

If it's not, then we're getting a maximum of 50 minutes of music from the score. ToD all over again!

Hopefully that means additional to the CD - maybe Williams had more fun than usual with concert pieces and wanted to release them all.

Yeah, that seems possible. Perhaps he wrote themes for characters like Captain Phasma and Maz Kantilena and there weren't any opportunities in film to use them.

30 minutes of re-recorded cues/suites from Eps. I through VI.

30 minutes of re-recorded cues/suites from Eps. I through VI.

I'd be so happy if that was true!