Not Mr. Big

The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

The attack on jakku village will happen like 15-20 minutes into the film. Lot's of things have to happen before that.

It could be referring to the aerial bombardment of the village we see Rey and Finn escaping from in the 15-second clip, or it could be referring to the attack that occurs at the beginning of the film where they torch the village!

That's where Poe and BB-8 go to retrieve Luke's lightsaber, First Order attacks, flamethrower troopers, BB-8 escapes, Poe is captured, yada yada yada...

Considering the final track is probably about 8-10 minutes (standard over the last 4 or 5 years for Williams), the rest of the soundtrack must be comprised of fairly short tracks. 3 minutes each track comes to a 75 minute album.

The tracklist is out (yes, for real)!

1. Main Title and the Attack on the Jakku Village

2. The Scavenger

3. I Can Fly Anything

4. Rey Meets BB-8

5. Follow Me

6. Rey's Theme

7. The Falcon

8. That Girl with the Staff

9. The Rathtars!

10. Finn's Confession

11. Maz's Counsel

12. The Starkiller

13. Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle

14. The Abduction

15. Han and Leia

16. March of the Resistance

17. Snoke

18. On the Inside

19. Torn Apart

20. The Ways of the Force

21. Scherzo for X-Wings

22. Farewell and the Trip

23. The Jedi Steps and Finale

http://www.amazon.fr/Star-Wars-7-Bande-Originale/dp/B014V6JIQK/

Cool! Although some of those track titles are a bit ... odd. Nonetheless, this track list makes me even more excited for December 18.

I think those are the correct tracks. The only thing that puzzles me is that it appears to be chronological and we all know that JW doesn't usually do that with his albums. Perhaps working with LLL and Intrada a lot lately has given him a fresh approach to sequencing his albums.

'March of the Resistance.' Hoping that is an actual march. Which will be cool. 'Rey's Theme.' Yes please! Can't wait for a full concert presentation of a new theme! 'Han and Leia.' A return of their theme I see. Lovely. Hopefully a new presentation. No specific theme for Kylo Ren though, like Kylo Ren march or Kylo Ren's malice etc but with the piece called 'Snoke' it seems that there's a specific thematic presentation for Snoke which kind of tells me that he is perhaps the main villain and Ren is just a pawn. Very interesting.

I think Snoke will clearly have a main theme and Ren will have a small motif like Vader did in Ep4. I think phasma will have nothing, just share the main villain theme as a instrument of evil. I think the gleesons general will have nothing and the first order will have a theme for itself that ren will use as well. Rey and finn have themes clearly. BB8 will too. Po will share the overall resistance theme.

So the new themes will be I think:

Rey's Theme

Finn's Theme

BB8's Theme

Resistance Theme

Maz Kanata Motif

First Order Theme

Snoke Theme

Kylo Ren Motif

Starkiller Motif.

Potential returning themes:

Han and Leia's Theme

The Force Theme

Luke's Theme (Main Theme)

Luke and Leia's Theme

Leia's Theme

Droid motif (C3PO and R2D2)

Imperial March single inclusion (when we see Vader's Mask)

Falcon Fanfare (From the Asteroid Field)

Well, who cares about titles! The music, the listening experience, is what counts!

Getting more and more excited about this... But I'm careful not to expect too much, which I know is always a sure fire way to get disappointed.

No mention of Luke in the track titles I see. Mystery to the last eh?

Heh nice to see Follow Me on the track list. Last time JW used that title was in Always.

Hoping for a 75+ minute album so there will be only 50 or so minutes of unreleased music for Disney to release in the future. ;)

Considering the final track is probably about 8-10 minutes (standard over the last 4 or 5 years for Williams), the rest of the soundtrack must be comprised of fairly short tracks. 3 minutes each track comes to a 75 minute album.

3 minutes tracks is not something I'd call "fairly short".

'March of the Resistance.' Hoping that is an actual march.

It won't be. It'll be a lullaby.

So is anyone going to resist listening to samples when they inevitably leak?

Yes.

How about 23 one minute tracks? Perfect 23 minute listening experience. And shortest end credits ever for a SW score!

How about 23 one minute tracks? Perfect 23 minute listening experience. And shortest end credits ever for a SW score!

There won't even be end credits, just an old-fashioned "The End" title card with a little Golden Age Hollywood cadence. Totally retro!

There won't even be end credits, just an old-fashioned "The End" title card with a little Golden Age Hollywood cadence. Totally retro!

the-end-300x226.jpg