Not Mr. Big

The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Are there analysis-type liner notes or just the JJ bit?

Just that note. At least in the standard booklet.

Karol

The Deluxe Edition supposedly has more pages, but I'd bet its just pictures and no useful information.

Ross has proved to be an excellent conductor of Williams' music anyway. COS performance was top notch.

Karol

It's never even slightly in the back of my mind when I listen to it that Williams was never on the podium for COS. It's a hell of a performance.

Well, it has actually started!

lol

Sucks to be you!

Karol, what image is shown on the reverse of the back cover, IE under the CD when you take the CD out?

post-24629-0-86931400-1450404745.jpg

The Australian version is only the standard, so no special or delux available, no digipack and (worse) nothing embossed :blink:

Nope, it was Tuesday night.

~

Wow! Just got home from seeing the movie, and the package from Amazon with the OST was here!

So Amazon delivered it a day early... What would Disney say about that!?

Well, it is indeed a freaking digipak, not the cool jewel case version Karol got in the UK. Bummer.

The back cover has no track titles at all, just the starfield, like the jewel case version. Such a silly precautionary measure. The trailers for this film gave away way more than the soundtrack titles do!

I checked HMV today and didn't see it. Is the OFFICIAL release date tomorrow?

Yes.

Hence why I was confused why Amazon sent it to me today.

They still sell CD's in the store in Spain?

Yeah, luckily, since I work selling music and movies :P. Doesn´t in Holland??

Yea, I almost want to return it and get a jewel case version from Amazon UK instead.

The funny thing is that in Spain (and I thin in the rest of Europe), the digipack is 2 euros more expensive than the jewel one...

And the booklet of the deluxe edition has the same number of pages than the normal one, only changes the front and back covers (a pic of Kylo Ren and the Logo of the New Order, I think).

Guys, Disney makes money on this. Youtube puts ads in front of the videos, Disney and Vevo gets a cut of the ad revenue.

Of course, if you use an ad blocker you never seen youtube ads, but there's still plenty of people who don't use ad blockers out there (for some reason)

Just a heads-up...

The Force Awakens OST is now available on HD Tracks in 96kHz/24bit & 192kHz/24bit (downloadable in various file formats; use code HDDEC18 for 20% off orders of $50).

Also, the Target Exclusive edition CD (with a different cover and 2 collectible cards) is on sale now for $9.99 and can be shipped or purchased in-store.

I am shocked. Is this a first?

I mean seriously how on earth will soundtracks in future sell?

They won't sell them. They'll just put them on Youtube. No CD release. No digital download. Just put it on Youtube. It's much cheaper, and the company still gets money out of it!

Am I the only one who heard a quote of "Across The Stars" in "Finn's Confession"? Wondering if that particular part was coincidence (Williams can't be referencing two Prequel scores in a single cue, surely?)

The CD has not been released here as far as I know. Some sites say it will be out on 21st. The CD store I ordered said their supplier didn't get the album so they could not deliver it on the release date.

Scandinavian online retailer sports a Retailer exclusive digipack with a different cover:

star_wars_the_force_awakens_-_retail_exl

It's nearly 30 euros and with that you get the earlier mentioned:

Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs

Picked up my copy! :) Had planned to purchase the standard edition, but in the store decided to go for the deluxe package. I figured it's worth 5 if I can help send a signal that releasing a JW-album in a deluxe package is actually a GOOD business strategy.

Maybe next time it'll even have an extra disc of goodies!

I am shocked. Is this a first?

I mean seriously how on earth will soundtracks in future sell?

Is this an unprecedented step?

It's no different than streaming on other streaming services. Pay to play. Record companies prefer it this way, because artist royalties are less. They take home almost the entire profit from ad revenues.