Not Mr. Big

The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

2 hours ago, Drax said:

There's more music encoded in the emboss hologram.

:lol:

On 20.12.2015 at 10:49 PM, Faleel said:

Picture of the Target version, I don't think pictures of this version have been posted?

CWo7Of_UEAAdlQ0.jpg

https://twitter.com/DavidWCollins/status/678419825450835969

Man, that's a cool cover!

The cover pic of the regular versions (standard and deluxe) is somewhat lacking, I thought. Although that's really a very minor and trivial complaint!

On 17.12.2015 at 2:21 PM, Jay said:

Wait it comes in a jewel case in the UK?

I think in the US even the standard is a digipak!

Yup!

I saw both versions, and I was told by the clerk (who had a puzzled sort of smile on his face) that the only difference between the deluxe version and the standard version is the packaging. 

So, in the US, both versions are the same, and the only difference between the deluxe and standard is the price? :blink::lol:

It goes like this:

JEWEL CASE VERSION

US: Not available at all

International: Available everywhere

DIGIPAK VERSION (aka Standard Version)

US: Available everywhere

DELUXE VERSION (aka another digipak but with a bigger booklet

US: Available exclusively at Target

What 4 pages? :blink:

I bought my version in Germany (the deluxe version, in other words the digipak) and it's got a booklet with 24 pages like just like the European standard version.

Deluxe version: 19.99 Euro

Standard version: 13.99 Euro.

We don't even HAVE a version with a four-page booklet!

Where does it say that a version has only a 4-page booklet?

But I compared the two versions myself in the store! The booklets were the same in the standard jewel edition and the digipack deluxe edition!

Unless they have a special edition of the standard edition? Nothing would surprise me anymore. :lol:

I saw it!

And I'm telling you (unless I am completely mistaken and they have yet another version in different EU countries), that's the same 24-page booklet (with 20 pages of pictures) and Karol just posted pics of the 3 pages that have the tracklist and the liner notes!

Just got my CD today! Yay! Yes there are 20 pages of pictures and 2 pages J.J.'s gush note of the century,  track list on one page and a page of credits.

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

Just got my CD today! Yay! Yes there are 20 pages of pictures and 2 pages J.J.'s gush note of the century,  track list on one page and a page of credits.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Yeah, it was almost cringe-worthy! LOL

When I read it I did it with JJ's voice in my head.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Finally found the CD in stores!

Lavish picture booklet and beautiful embossing!

21 freaking euros and they even credit the music to "various" on the sticker! :lol:

1 hour ago, Jay said:

You can still get the jewel case version for £9.99 on Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014V6LQ2E/

I don't get the appeal of paying EUR 20,99 for a digipak instead?

I didnt buy the CD for the digipack. I bought it because I want to own the score on CD.

If the store had a jewel cased version I would have gone for it, but it didn't.

The design btw, is really ugly. I dislike the front cover and the embossing does it no favors at all. Makes it look even more cheesy and fanmade.

The booklet is disappointing as well. Not much info. No tracktimes and the font they used is shockingly bland (seriously, is it Arial???)

Btw, this is the only CD i have bought in 2015 that doesn't have a Neil S. Bulk credit in it

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Btw, this is the only CD i have bought in 2015 that doesn't have a Neil S. Bulk credit in it

You didn't buy JUDGE DREDD?????

Star Wars soundtrack sold 94,000 last week. And classical sales?

The top 25 classical albums put together sold just under 9,000 copies in the US, the world’s largest market, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

That’s the state of the record business, end of 2015.

http://slippedisc.com/2015/12/star-wars-soundtrack-sold-94000-last-week-and-classical-sales/

Ouch, the comments!

How dare one call one the Mozart of ones time. One is gravely mistaken. This Star Wars nonsense cannot match the majesty and absolute personification of perfection that Mozart is. Let the simple-minded drones listen to their empty fanfares and their dingle this and dangle that. What utter space drivel. We more cultured individuals shall bask in the reverie that is the classics. Good day sir......................................

......................I SAID GOOD DAY!!

2 hours ago, RPurton said:

I haven't researched sales numbers but is 94,000 a lot, relatively? How does this compare to sales of Pop music?

TFA debuted this week at #5 on the Billboard album charts! That's insanely good for a film soundtrack, especially an orchestral one! Not sure how it compares with other big event soundtracks though...?

All right ;)

Ladies and gentlemans

After many (i think thousands) times of repeating to myself : Don't buy it, don't buy it 

I finally gave up and I bought it

But I have a deal of my life

Here in Poland the matters with selling music and movies is very hard.

There are in recent times very little people who actually buy movies and music physically.

Even if we count the fact that many years ago (it was somewhere 2000s) when polish movie and music distributors went to a crazy idea to make polish edition of a foreign music album on CDs and foreign movie edition on dvds.

What it really means. That the disc is pressed in Poland on worse materials rather in country of origin. The booklet is like toilet paper and of course all the pages are gone in favour of just back and front of the cover (so You have two pages , sometimes four) The quality of print is very bad -washout colours, etc.

So for example. The polish edition of The Force Awakens cost here 40 (polish national money which is złoty - described as PLN. For all of You I will translate our national money as golden - because it's the best translation of this word)

So if the polish edition cost here 39,99 PLN (zł) golden, so it will be with today's exchange rates :

in US dollars : 9,9575 $

in Euro : 9,1697

And this is the edition with our polish cover (I attach the picture below so You can have fun how we translate Star Wars :D)

And this polish edition is counterpart of the standard jewel case edition in Yours country.

Now the real Star Wars (with English title and properly printed booklet with all the pages) which You called jewel case cost here in Poland (now I see a little drop in price but the real, official  price) is 64,99 zł (PLN) golden

US Dollars 16,1825 $

Euro 14,9087

After the discount the price is now 59,99 zł (PLN) golden

US Dollars 14,9375 $

Euro 13,7617

And I have bought this standard English edition for a bargain price (still new)

I have paid 25 zł (PLN, golden) for item and 9 zł (PLN, golden) for shipment. Which all is 34 zł (PLN, golden)

34 zł (PLN , golden) is

US dollars: 8,4626 $ and if we only take into account the price of CD it is 6,2225 $!

Euro: 7,7996 (without shipment the price of only CD is 5,7375!)

I think it all is / was the real bargain.

After I recently bought two Back to the future scores from Intrada it is nothing. But I'm happy with all discs.

gwiezdne-wojny-przebudzenie-mocy-pl.jpg

My JEWEL CASE version arrived from Amazon UK today!  Well, it might have arrived a while back, but I just realized it was in the IT Dept mailbox today (we rarely check it).

SO NICE to have this great score in a proper case and not the stupid US digipak!  I hate digipaks!

It's really lame that the back cover is just a starfield with no track list.  I hate that!