Jay

Sony is re-issuing the Star Wars scores on November 6, on Blu-spec CD

Why does that make you sad? We know Sony has been repackaging the 1997 RCA versions for years, and will continue to do so until their contract ends.

Once their contract is over, surely Disney will fund new versions, properly rebuilt from the ground up using the best session tapes they have.

Why does that make you sad? We know Sony has been repackaging the 1997 RCA versions for years, and will continue to do so until their contract ends.

Once their contract is over, surely Disney will fund new versions, properly rebuilt from the ground up using the best session tapes they have.

That makes me very excited! :D

How do they have the rights to the original LP's, i thought they only got the rights to the 1997 RCA ones and the OST's for prequels (not forgetting the TPM Ultimate Edition)?

They must have bought the rights to anything that had been released before, and just had no reason to want to release the OST programs until now.

Hi, I am Italian but I live in England since 5 years. In England a company is plural, no doubt. If you hear a football match commentary, you will hear "Liverpool have won, Manchester United have missed an opportunity" etc.

I don't know if In USA or Australia there is any difference.

I only know anybody who wants to correct someone else should be 100% sure about what is saying, as otherwise that gets quite embarassing...

On topic, I noticed that this set is on Amazon for pre-order. Why 11 discs? 2 each for the OT, the original soundtracks and the Musical Journey equals ten, unless they're not including the DVD and are instead including the Ultimate Edition TPM soundtrack.

Are you serious? The OST and the additional music CD could have been expanded to include music the way it was heard in the film such as a film versions of The Portrait and other tracks as well or any other unreleased track.

I bought Eps I, IV, V and VI. They sound good although they are a bit compressed. The DR value is a bit lower than the originals but not too bad. I haven't done a good complete A/B with the originals yet but plan to in the near future.