Alan Silvestri's Back To The Future scores - All 3 now available complete on CD, vinyl, and digital download

Jay

On 29/08/2018 at 5:58 PM, Disco Stu said:

Well and in BTTF3 when he's about to go back to try to fix the past (the cue I posted above).  But Silvestri was pretty all over the place with deciding which parts of the first score to quote exactly in the sequels and where.

Very late reaction. But seeing this video again just reminds me that none of the soundtrack releases for BttF3 seem to have the exact percussion of the Indians-track. And that bums me out.

Not quite. The opening drums arent correct, those sound more like the 2nd version (But still not exactly)

I dont know how to explain it in musical terms, but the drums in the movie feels less... metallic. Plus they're not as loud.

It certainly isnt the track they labeled (Film Version) either.

Its a minor nitpick to an otherwise excellent release.

On 21/10/2021 at 9:25 AM, MedigoScan said:

Not quite. The opening drums arent correct, those sound more like the 2nd version (But still not exactly)

I dont know how to explain it in musical terms, but the drums in the movie feels less... metallic. Plus they're not as loud.

It certainly isnt the track they labeled (Film Version) either.

Its a minor nitpick to an otherwise excellent release.

Something we learnt from the Sleepy Hollow release is that 'film version' labels can mean very little when it comes to what's actually in the film.

They likely started from that, but what the music editors then did is anyones guess. It can be immensely frustrating to someone like me who gets strongly attached to how music sounds in the film, but of course the labels are doing their job of presenting the score as intended.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Something we learnt from the Sleepy Hollow release is that 'film version' labels can mean very little when it comes to what's actually in the film.

They likely started from that, but what the music editors then did is anyones guess. It can be immensely frustrating to someone like me who gets strongly attached to how music sounds in the film, but of course the labels are doing their job of presenting the score as intended.

Everything would be fine if they would just include isolated score tracks with every Bluray release as the Good Lord intended!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...