Godzilla Cinematic Universe Thread

Unlucky Bastard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures hire Jerry Drax to direct and Justin White to write and produce Godzilla 2.

The script will consist of mostly stock dialogue from the 1998 film, but rearranged for a superior listening experience with a 40 minute runtime.

Good. A director having Godzilla in the film for a total of five minutes doesn't deserve a second try.

On 14.4.2016 at 3:03 AM, Shatner's Rug said:

Where's this from?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You know, it's a blur? I mean, not complete amnesia. I remember Sister Mary Margaret puking in church and Betsy Riley saying that it was morning sickness and I remember the time I forgot to wear my underpants to school and the name of the boy who noticed was Ricky Friedberg. He's dead now. But last night, complete blur. Couldn't you just die?

• 1 year later...

I forgot this thread even existed. But yes: King of the Monsters will be at SDCC. Maybe there will be a teaser but I hope it doesn't reveal too much (IE no actual shots of Ghidorah)

Also, Toho is launching its own "Godzilla Cinematic Universe" in 2021, after the Legendary Godzilla license expires. They aim to have a film every 2 years at least.

So wait, Legendary's license expires?  Two more movies and this franchise is gone?  I mean I'd be ok with that, but it does mean those movies better be cool.

Sorry, I couldn't bother to care about the Japanese franchise.