Godzilla Cinematic Universe Thread

Unlucky Bastard

I wonder if Mike D will inject his Superman Returns styled Judeo Christian imagery by portraying Godzilla as a messianic figure through a bait and switch death/resurrection stunt? Some of the leaked stuff on social media seems to suggest that.

According to this, they're projecting that Godzilla: King of the Monsters will have an opening weekend yield of $40-60 million and a North American total of $110 million.

That's pretty much Independence Day Resurgence numbers, which is a big worry. Why did the 2014 film do such impressive numbers? Was it because Bryan Cranston was the it-dude of the moment and all the Breaking Bad fanatics rushed to see it? And this film lacks that drawcard?

Just now, Nick Parker said:

Is that watching those movies do to your brain? 

Definitely sounds like a clear cut case of Emmerichitis.

Just now, Nick Parker said:

He hates Resegence, so I think he's made some recovery. 

Oh, no... I think he might be passing it on to you! 😂

3 minutes ago, dougie said:

indence day regurgense sux

It's catching! Quick, get the biohazard suits! We must stop it before Emmerichitis becomes a worldwide epidemic! Start by burning all copies of the 1998 film, Cojfiller.... oh, no, I'm infected too!

Greetings... fellow earthlings. Uhh, I'm Jeff Goldblum... thank you. Hey, you ever hear of Area 51? Well it's that secret place where, uh, recovered aliens and their craft are supposedly being held by the government. Well, they say Area 51 doesn't really exist. They say that about Area ID4 too, and look where we are... uh-huh... that's Area ID4. This seemingly desolate building is actually burgeoning with activity, secret activity... that they're trying to keep from us. You see there's a whole wealth of information that if uncovered, will reveal the secrets behind one of this Summer's most exciting, and biggest movies, Independence Day. Watch this... see what I mean? That's not gonna stop us. Okay, time for some good, honest labour, huh?

Hello, I'm Charles Caiman. In 1954, a strange and mysterious creature emerged from the depths of Tokyo Bay and leapt onto the movie screens of the entire world. Nearly half a century later, Godzilla is coming to the acting capital of the world. He's hungry for new challenges and ready to make a big impression on the streets of the Big Apple. Not bad for a movie star pushing 50... I should never have had the eel for breakfast. Who--who suggested that?

• 3 weeks later...

A modern remake of Destroy All Monsters. 

The look of the film is reverential.

As long as it is fun.

The trailers have showed way too much for this film. Someone at the Monster Zero forum was able to piece the entire movie together with stills taken from the trailers, info officially released  and images taken from the toys. 

Same plot as the last film:

• Holy shit - giant ass muto monsters are appearing!
  • Holy shit - is that Godzilla?
  • Holy shit - what do we do?
  • Holy shit - let them fight!
  • Holy shit - big dumb Godzilla fight, he almost dies but comes back to destroy all monsters! 

On 5/13/2019 at 5:38 AM, The Original said:

IMG_20190513_123636.jpg

So what you're saying is that the movie's Ben Hur but with giant monsters in it?