Godzilla Cinematic Universe Thread

Unlucky Bastard

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I'd be ok with it.  I mean, not literally until the last minute.  The amount of Godzilla in the '14 movie worked great for me.  #sorrynotsorry

It's an even better cure for insomnia than most Pluto cartoons!

On 7/18/2018 at 11:12 PM, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

image1.jpg

I posted this in other thread, but I was listening to this and I felt fit perfectly with the poster

I love that they kept the exact look of the monsters vague. The silhouettes look really faithful.

Apparently the score will be by Bear McCreary.

51 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Apparently the score will be by Bear McCreary.

Seriously?  

Now I’m intrigued.

Just now, kaseykockroach said:

Oh, it's officially announced? I assumed it was just a rumor! I forgot about this Comic Con business.

Alright then, I can bear some Bear! 

Yeah, it was announced during the SDCC panel, I believe. They also confirmed the original Godzilla March will be returning.

3 minutes ago, Gistech said:

They also confirmed the original Godzilla March will be returning.

Is that an Ifukube theme?

It just popped up on my twitter feed as soon as I posted here. 

An interesting and good choice.

14 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Yeah, it was announced during the SDCC panel, I believe. They also confirmed the original Godzilla March will be returning.

Not sure if that's a good idea...

25 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Not sure if that's a good idea...

I'm assuming it will be adapted and not quoted wholesale. It could work dependant on its use.

The story certainly sounds preposterous enough for a Godzilla movie.

"Man is responsible for mass extinction, and the planet is dying, so let's find a bunch of ancient gigantic monsters that will save the planet by fighting each other."

But goddamn, King Ghidorah vs Godzilla on a big budget, plus Godzilla March returning ... Life is good again.

I only just got around to watching the trailer!

Looks great!  That use of “Clair de Lune” was actually one of the cooler things I’ve heard in a trailer in a while.  Certainly better than a way slowed down cover of a well-known pop song.

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I only just got around to watching the trailer!

Looks great!  That use of “Clair de Lune” was actually one of the cooler things I’ve heard in a trailer in a while.

Didn't the first Godzilla use Ligeti? Definitely continuing a trend.

1 minute ago, Falafel said:

Didn't the first Godzilla use Ligeti? Definitely continuing a trend.

Really?  Don’t think I ever watched it.  I remember going into that movie knowing virtually nothing about it

10 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Really?  Don’t think I ever watched it.  I remember going into that movie knowing virtually nothing about it

4 hours ago, El Jefe said:

Seriously?  

Now I’m intrigued.

His two Cloverfield scores plus Colossal seemed like a warm-up. It has a potential of being good. Or good enough at least.

Karol

I have a feeling I'll get the most out of this by waiting a year after release and just watching a scene compilation on Youtube.

That's the jerkface who ruined Laura Dern's hair!

Just now, Alexcremers said:

Clair de Lune and Godzilla ... I dunno, guys.  I laughed when I heard it. Is that the intention? 

Laughter is a beautiful sensation!

9 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Clair de Lune and Godzilla ... I dunno, guys.  I laughed when I heard it. Is that the intention? 

Seems more appropriate for Mothra.

And this movie looks Emmerich scale apocalyptic, only better.

And it's got that androgynous child actor from Netflix's Stranger Things. That means millions of people who are normally not into Godzilla are now gonna be converted. A brilliant move? 

33 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

And it's got that androgynous child actor from Netflix's Stranger Things. That means millions of people who are normally not into Godzilla are now gonna be converted. A brilliant move? 

It's stunt casting at its most cynical, I guess. Vera Farmiga might also have been cast to lure fans of The Conjuring movies, and millennials seem to recognise Charles Dance from Game of Thrones. It feels like a repeat of the Bryan Cranston hype surrounding the first movie. I'm sure its $93 million opening weekend was influenced significantly by the Breaking Bad effect.

But whatevs. If it helps bolster the movie's reception, I'm cool with it. As the Pacific Rim flicks have demonstrated, giant monsters alone can't sell a movie in America, you need established and well known actors to hold the audience's hands along the way.

I'm just happy monsters are still around and prominent enough! I don't need a half dozen of them a year, just Fallen Kingdom, Rampage and The Meg are all I need this year to quench my bloodthirst. 

9 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Nobody gives a shit about any of the human scenes in Godzilla movies.

A movie of just monster scenes would bore the heck out of me.  I think I just have a very different mindset from you kaiju fans.

9 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

This was pretty much my reaction.  It's fun!

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

A movie of just monster scenes would bore the heck out of me.  I think I just have a very different mindset from you kaiju fans.

Have you watched Shin Godzilla yet, or have you been too busy in the new country home chopping wood?