Thekthithm

Godzilla Cinematic Universe Thread

Godzilla. That's what Japanese sailors called him in song. A mythological sea dragon who filled their hearts with fear. That myth has become reality, our modern day terror. Who is this Godzilla? Where did he come from? Why is he here?

map_graphic.jpg

A direct path can be traced from Manhattan to French Polynesia, where nuclear tests have been going on for more than two decades.

matthew_broderick_as_dr_niko_tatopoulos_

Research team member Dr. Nick Papadopoulus believes the creature may be nesting, using Manhattan as ground zero to cultivate the species. This despite the fact that the combined might of the United States military has been unable to subdue--

From the script:

56 EXT. LANDING PAD - CONTINUOUS - LATE AFTERNOON 56

As the Mayor steps out he's greeted by a nervous crowd of people shouting, "How long do we have to shut our business down? Will the city cover the damages? Etc." Among them, DONALD TRUMP tries to get the Mayor's attention.

MAYOR

I share your concerns. I want to get the city back in business as soon as possible.

http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/GODZILLAfirst.txt

Likely just a fan editing the IMBD entry.  I can't imagine they'd have a composer locked this early for a film so far away.

A Paesano fan having access to the IMDB editing tools? Sounds like a bit of a stretch. I mean, sure, things like that have happened in the past on IMDB, but when they do, it's generally with big names like Williams or Zimmer, because the guys adding the fake info know many people will see it and speculate and whatnot. But here, we're talking about a random composer whose only "big" score is The Maze Runner. Would be a bit random.

Stranger things have happened, of course...