The Force Awakens final trailer MUSIC discussion

Balahkay

uh oh...nothing sounds like Williams

Yeah. That's what I came here to say. The stylistic departure of the cinematography is pretty shocking as well. It would help to accept this if it wasn't a saga Episode but a spinoff, because it doesn't seem to fit in.

I think the horn variation of the Star Wars them at the very very end was good, even if the bakground might have been a little bit unwilliamsy.

I'm guessing Williams, especially for the arrangement of the OT themes. It was wonderful hearing Han Solo and the Princess!

I liked the slow statement of the SW theme at the end.

Yep!

I don't think it is Williams, it doesn't have the same reverb sound/acoustics as the first and second teasers and the Instagram teaser for one.

There was some debate regarding Williams' involvement with the last trailer (and I still don't believe he did it), but I think we can safely rule out his involvement with this one.

There was some debate regarding Williams' involvement with the last trailer (and I still don't believe he did it), but I think we can safely rule out his involvement with this one.

I'm fine with that. Gives us more to chew on when the score is released.

It sounded like as if Michael Giacchino did the the trailer using Williams music. Liked it nonethe less.

That's exactly what I thought! Sounded almost like his Star Trek music, with some generic drum shit thrown on for good measure.

I ruled out Williams right from the start when they do that random piano bullshit that's in every modern trailer.

me too

I do like the Han Solo and the Princess bit

I ruled out Williams right from the start when they do that random piano bullshit that's in every modern trailer.

Yeah, that disappointed me a tad. I guess I was expecting something special.

oh ffs, two words: Gloria Cheng. i also believe the first piano ping from the second trailer links up with the piano and harp setting at the beginning of this one.

if you want a real spoiler fast forward to 1:19 and listen closely for the end credits fanfare they failed to dial out. I'll just leave that there.

I certainly wasn't expecting to hear a choral version of the Han Solo and the Princess. I suspect we'll hear a rendition of the theme in the score especially after seeing Han and Leia embracing in the trailer. Then again, maybe Williams will surprise us.

Should this thread remain in the John Williams subforum since it seems likely Williams wasn't directly involved with the trailer?

We know Williams didn't write the trailer music because it uses Han Solo and the Princess and Williams doesn't remember writing that theme. 

He didn't remember writing it thirteen years ago. You've talked to him since then?

Maybe it's just because we've been starved for a new rendition (or even acknowledgement) of it, but I love the choir-backed appearance of "Han Solo and the Princess."

well, it's the combination of that and never performing it in concerts or re-recording any snippet of it

Did he say he didn't remember? I thought he just didn't acknowledge it as a formal love theme?