The Force Awakens final trailer MUSIC discussion

Balahkay

I'm not saying those trailer attempts were right, but just seeing the visuals paired with Williams' score instantly makes it feel more 'Star Warsy'.

Here's a better attempt:

I don't think this is a good attempt. The "Final Duel" music doesn't fit at all and has an awkward transition into the rousing Force theme towards the end. The other edit felt more Star Warsy with Ben's theme, Han's theme and the ESB credits. Plus, the other somehow removed the original music from the sound effects and dialogue, unlike this one.

• 3 months later...

OMG, I just found this on YouTube…don't think it's been mentioned before. If you ever wanted to hear this trailer performed by an actual orchestra, choir and church organ (!), well, this Liverpool girls secondary school delivers. Kids these days. ROTFLMAO

Quite nice.

I must admit...in spite of myself, I've been enjoying this trailer's music quite a bit in retrospect. Maybe when it first came out, the music felt like it could be a harbinger of over-the-top modernity invading the Star Wars universe...but now, having seen the movie, I know that fear is unfounded, and I can enjoy the music for what it is - a Zimmerfied take on some wonderful themes, underscoring a trailer for a film I really love. It's cheesy and none too original, but it's effective.

3 hours ago, aviazn said:

OMG, I just found this on YouTube…don't think it's been mentioned before. If you ever wanted to hear this trailer performed by an actual orchestra, choir and church organ (!), well, this Liverpool girls secondary school delivers. Kids these days. ROTFLMAO

That transition into "Once in Royal David's City" is almost as jarring as the transition between "Follow Me" and "Rey's Theme"! :lol:

EDIT: Looks like they played Somewhere In My Memory as well!

They sure have good taste...

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, loert said:

Yup!

Ah, yes, looks like it's gotten its fair share of praise already. Which is nice.