BloodBoal

The real question is, at what point does 100% of the BTTF tril take place in the past? What specific time do Marty, Doc, and Jennifer LEAVE 2015?

I said that already!

The real question is, at what point does 100% of the BTTF tril take place in the past? What specific time do Marty, Doc, and Jennifer LEAVE 2015?

I said that already!

So you did. Sorry, I was originally trying to post on the other thread. I'd make a diagram, but I don't have time to construct one to scale.

Looks like it was 7:28pm (PDT) when they left.

I'm in the cinema right now. Part one just ended and it still plays fantasticly. We're about to go into 2015!

End credits of part 1 rolling now! Such a blast

Apparently they are gonno do a BTTF quiz before they start the second film.

I'm in the cinema right now. Part one just ended and it still plays fantasticly. We're about to go into 2015!

End credits of part 1 rolling now! Such a blast

Apparently they are gonno do a BTTF quiz before they start the second film.

They didn't do that here. They did have a raffle and gave away two tickets to SPECTRE.

The Hoax That Changed The Future

This explains so much!

I remember that. And I remember having to patiently (i.e. talking to them like they were retarded) explain to friends, family, and strangers that Marty visits 1955 and 2015, both 30 years from 1985. So this wasn't just wrong it was bad math.

BTW, we just started III. My favorite!

Annnnnd WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

Back To The Future

Compared to the other two this one starts of very slowly. Introducing Marty, then his girl, then his family and setting up the present before finally introducing us to Doc and the actual plot. It pays off later in the film of-course, but the film always really starts to get interesting to my once Marty gets to the parking lot.

I haven't seen this film in a very long time and I had forgotten how over the top and farcical the acting is. Loyd plays an eccentric scientist with his highest pitches voice and bulgiest eyes. Crispin Glover portrays George not just as a standard nerd, but the nerdiest of nerds, and Lea Thompson's Lorraine has teenage hormones pouring out of every orifice. Thomas J. Wilson makes Biff the meanest and baddest Jock that ever lived. There's no subtly to any of this and thats fine. Many of the scenes between Marty and Doc look like they were written in CAPITAL LETTERS in the script.

The plot is very fun and clever. I love time travel stories and this is a great one.

Yes, the science doesnt make any sense, who cares? Not every script has to be run by Kip Thorne. This is time travel the Hollywood way.

I've always lived the use of the picture as a device to tell the story.

As good and fun as it all is. I've never had the attachment to this film that many others have. And I prefer both the sequels.

Back To The Future 2

Takes the basic premise of the first one and goes all out with it!

Unlike BTTF this one starts out in top gear straight away and never really lets up. Within minutes we are hurled to....today. Then back to an alternate 1985, then back to the 1955 of the first film.

The story is really very clever. The 2015 part is probably the least interesting part of it. Especially future Mart who's a washed up loser etc etc. (you really feel that they were restrained by what they could do because they had to follow the finale of the first film). Really the inclusion of old Biff and his get rich scheme is what becomes the motor of the film.

Thomas F. Wilson plays no less then 4 version of Biff in this film, plus his own grandson. And he manages to make every one of them a little bit different and distinctive. (and all of them are a piece of shit). It's actually quite a tour da force.

Lea Thompson has a bit less to do here, and Glover has been completely replaced by...some guy. (they actually managed to make it all quite seamless).

The plot in this film, and the pace in which it's told is relentless. So the film doesnt have the heart that the first one has. (Marty's girlfriend is completely sidelined in this. and relegated to a bench till late in the next film)

While watching this film I was reminded of Doctor Who under the current show-runner Steven Moffat. That same kind of breathless exuberance and playing with different continuities, and different versions of the same character interacting.

This is a very intricate film with a LOT of exposition, yet I never felt confused by the storey. The stakes are always clear, as are the objectives! (Christopher Nolan could learn a thing or two from this script)

Back To The Future 3

After the barnstorming "everything but the kitchen sink" second one, part 3 takes it down a notch and takes place mostly in one time period. This is a good idea, because trying to outdo BTTF 2 in what it was good at would probably not work. Also, the different scenery gives this film it's own atmosphere. I actually felt Doc and Marty were living in the west, rather then visiting it.

Part 3 really shows how lovable the Doc is. The romance between him and Clara could have easily been either silly or cringe worthy. But it's actually really sweet. Both Christopher Loyd and Mary Steenburgen shine in this film.

Lea Thomspon shown up as an Irish descendant of Marty, which doesnt even remotely make sense. And since Michael J. Fox plays his husband it kinda continues on the incestuous vibe that this series is rocking.

Michael J. Fox is actually very good in this trilogy. He plays a typical 80's high school teenager in the first one. And not quite so in the other 2. (Fox definitely looks older, but in a way that it is never really an issue)

This is simply a very clever, fun and well made trilogy. With the best effects that could be afforded at the time. Some didnt age that well, some look surprisingly effective even today. I had a great time at the cinema!

I was getting my coffee this morning, listening to the soundtrack to Back to the Future II (as you do) when it hit me:

Tomorrow BTTFII will be set in the past.

Great, so more annoying posts all over the internet about BTTF tomorrow.

It's done. What a wonderful set of movies and what a great experience seeing them on the big screen. Back to the Future might be my new favorite movie of all time.

8CC5F247-199F-476D-B328-50341B34A77D_zps

BIFF TANNEN FOR PRESIDENT!

It's done. What a wonderful set of movies and what a great experience seeing them on the big screen. Back to the Future might be my new favorite movie of all time.

I prefer the other 2.

I don't think ive ever noticed that none of the films ever give any detail or background on how and why Doc and Marty are friends.

I rather like that for some reason.